1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Boston Internships

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by demeis, May 2, 2005.

1. demeis

demeis Senior member

Ok so i'm trying to get an internship for a semester in boston now and was wondering for those in the area or are familiar with the area where are some possible places to intern at? I've already got Louis Boston, looking at the federated companies (i think its Macy's in Boston), and looking at the May Co. (filenes). Was wondering what other places people recommend for retail, sales, buying, and business related fields.

2. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

To work in fashion, at any level, you need retail experience. Consider getting a job on the floor at any of the upper-end stores. The mobility from these positions is very good.

3. demeis

demeis Senior member

I already have that i've been working in retail for the last four years. Started at Brooks Brothers, then went to BR (for location reasons and needed a job and have kept it) and now am at a small haberdashery in Rochester, NY that sells canali, brioni, ravozollo etc. Was looking for location to have careers services to contact and see if they take interns.