• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boston FW14 Meetup

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

The last Boston meetup organized by @Drinkwaters was a blast and I think we're due for another one! We also need to welcome @thewho13 to our wonderful city. I had originally thrown out 11/22 as a date, but something else has since popped up so this is not longer going to work for me. The following (pre thanksgiving) dates would be ideal for me (but feel free to suggest others!): 11/16, 11/20, 11/23. If we can't manage to get something organized before thanksgiving, we'll definitely have to do something before the holidays.

As far as location, I had thrown out aeronaut brewery as they have awesome beer. Other good spots in Union Square include Backbar, Brass Union, or The Independent. But I understand Union Square is a pain to get to, so feel free to suggest other locations as well (personally, I'd prefer something in camberville, BUT i suppose i can leave my little bubble if need be...)

Let's get it going!

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 23rd would work best for me! Aeronaut would definitely be a cool spot and it sounds like its plenty big enough to accommodate us. I don't mind the distance but we shall see what others say.

Super excited! We have to take pictures this time. Anybody have a good camera with a remote? We need to get a good group fit-pic this time around. I can always bring mine with a self-timer.

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
11/20 is my birthday, so that's gonna be a no-go for me (sorry fellas). The 23rd would be ideal, and I'd definitely be down to checking out Aeronaut. I'm also interested in checking out The Independent, or Lord Hobo.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought this was happening on the 15th?

Mikey, I'm going to hit you for lying to me!

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never specified a date...just suggested a date. but yeah, the 15th no longer works for me either.

Sounds like the 23rd is it...

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Aeronaut appears to be closed on Sunday's...bummer!

My suggestions for backbar or brass union still stand, however.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WTF, why are you suggesting Somerville? IF you want a place to play games go to State Park. At least the food and drinks are better there. IF you want to do nerdy cocktails go to Drink or Hawthorne.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm open to anywhere in the boston area. i'm just suggesting somerville because it's the area I know (i'm borderline a hermit). i'm good with state park!

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@A Fellow Linguist, are you gonna be able to make this meetup?

yo afl...if you can't make this meetup, you should organize a ct meetup. i need an excuse to visit my family for a weekend and wouldn't mind grabbing a beer or a coffee with a fellow clothing nerd.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WTF, why are you suggesting Somerville? IF you want a place to play games go to State Park. At least the food and drinks are better there. IF you want to do nerdy cocktails go to Drink or Hawthorne.

Drink doesn't have much mingle space, esp on a weekend.

State park sounds like a cool spot. Never been there either.

I can try to make this, no idea what this weekend is going to end up looking like though.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, but if you know the door guy, it doesn't matter.

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd always be down for a weeknight if that's agreeable to everyone else, but then I'd probably have to postpone to after Thanksgiving.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can do pretty much anything. If this sunday doesn't work how about monday, or tuesday?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads