• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boston bargain alert

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Martin Dingman exotic skin belts
Hugo Boss ( major drop ) + plus shoes
@ the Basement

Tommy Bahama belts ( Spain )
@ TJ MAXX

AE Fairfax ( burgundy), Sawyer shearling ( Canada ), Kiton ( cords ),
BG shirts, Italian sport coats ( blanking out on the name )
Marshalls on Boylston

some AE models @ 40% off, Pantherella socks
FB on Boylston

c55

Reaction score
How much for the Kiton cords? I may take a look.

horton

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. On the Kiton cords do you recall if they had normal sizes and colors?

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiton cords are a cotton/cashmere combo and cost $400. Colors are hues of purple, and some such. FYI, the traffic @ those stores is pretty brisk - to say the least.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maybe its some lingo I'm not hip to, but what does "major drop" mean?

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't be hanging out with those Haavad types so much
In that particular context " major drop " was referring to large quantities of newly arrived merchandise

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
You shouldn't be hanging out with those Haavad types so much
In that particular context " major drop " was referring to large quantities of newly arrived merchandise

Oooooooh. duuuuuuh.
tounge.gif

Thanks Chris.... I gotta get some rest!

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brioni and Kiton at Marshalls....!?

What's next? A woman president?
lol8[1].gif

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr. Sid is having a sale ( end-of-season I gather ).
Dropped by Bloomies - what a waste of time
plain.gif

Ironically, last August one of their men's managers was telling me how they were " going upscale for the upcoming season. " Well, the only thing I noticed was the disappearance of the little half-decent merchandise they used to stock to begin with
musicboohoo[1].gif

The Devil's Hands

Reaction score
Just picked up a Kiton tie for my dad at Louis...

for $78!!

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FB took a delivery of ( mixed soup ) merchandise from Richard's.
A ton of Borrelli shirts with some odd looking polos thrown in; Borrelli pants/jeans for late spring/summer; Zegna/Canali dress shirts; Loro Piana sweater (1); crapload of ties; occasional Borrelli belt in size 32", and - drum roll - shoes
devil.gif

OK, that switch Borrelli made to Peluso ? Awful move. They aren't anywhere near as solid as SMs, leather is pretty thin - yet somehow feature the old retail of $980 FB discounted those bluchers (nice shade of brandy) to $450. Also, a handful of AE bluchers @ $130; SF studio slip-ons; plus Bragano CHs here and there.
BTW I noticed that most of the better goods were less than 60% off original price. And overall neither the product nor the discounts seemed that great which is why I chose to pass.

P.S. Oh, and how 'bout them bargain $1500 Borrelli sport coats ?
sarcasm.gif

horton

Reaction score
Dropped by today. Still had a fair collection of shirts, including royal collection, and ties. Other than that not much. Sports jackets and outerwear were essentially non-existent.

Do you know when they'll have their Louis sale? Should be soon.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Downtown Crossing Barney's sale began today, and it was underwhelming. Featured shoes were Barney's house brand, J&M and Florsheim. I peeked at the tie rack of Barney house labels, but you only had one $20 frayed and pulled Kiton tie, plus a $40 Bizzochi, a $30 Nicky and a couple of $30 Drakes. Basically, all the rejects from the warehouse sale.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whats the price at which a Barney's housebrand shoe becomes a good deal? They had a Krusty-Brand-Imitation-Ferragamo along the lines of this: But I wasn't sure if it was worth the 3 digits they wanted.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably no such price. Since this forum, I've become really picky about shoes (yeah, what an understatement), so after getting a few staples, I'd rather wait for a good deal on something I'd wear for twenty years, rather than buy a house brand shoe I know will at best be a rainy day shoe in my rotation.

Featured Sponsor

What is the most important handwork to have on a shirt?

• Hand attached collar

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Handsewn button holes

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • Hand finish on yolk and shoulders

Votes: 20 37.7%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwiware