• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boss Belts Stores (Online/Canada)

TheBoss

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to get boss belts at a slight discount? Maybe like 20-30%.

Anywhere online or such? Regular Harry Rosen's prices are pretty high
tongue.gif

I tried eBay but apparently according to styleforum members there's not one real belt there.

gj555

Reaction score
Try the west end room at the Bay on Queen street on a Friday (when stuff often goes on sale for the weekend). If its not on sale, you can ask the salesperson if they will give you the sale price.

Note that I have a Boss belt and I have to say that the reversable belt I own from Tip Top is way better. The layers on the Boss belt that I own are glued together and and have come apart (I can't wear it until I have it repaired). Better belts will be stitched along the edges instead of glued.

Use the search function on this forum and on the AAAC forum to search Boss and you will see that most people here are not fond of the brand (overpriced for what it is).

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to Made in Italy at Dufferin and Finch and get some Ermenegildo Zegna and Pal Zileri belts for $59. You will not find a better deal in town.

TheBoss

Reaction score
The other thread went into a discussion on fake items and I happen to like Boss. What's wrong wrong with the brand?

For someone in the early twenties, it's a pretty fashionable house.

No more, I think the conclusion is that The Bay's West End is where I'll get them.

Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Why this obsession with Boss (of all brands) belts (of all items of clothing)?

How many more threads do you plan to post asking about them?

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheBoss
The other thread went into a discussion on fake items and I happen to like Boss. What's wrong wrong with the brand?

No more, I think the conclusion is that The Bay's West End is where I'll get them.

Since you like Hugo Boss, want some Boss t-shirts? They are not fake and I bought them at Holts last year. See: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=20979

gj555

Reaction score

The cut and styling of a Boss suit can be great for someone your age (depending on your build). The problem most people have with a Boss suit is that, while it is not a bad garment, it is not worth its retail price point ($900cdn). It is not any better than suits made in North America that retail for half that price. But, a Boss suit on sale, with a very flattering cut can be a great find.

See the following for more info on what people have against Boss:
http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...ight=hugo+boss

TheBoss

Reaction score
sorry t-shirts not my size

I won't be buying a full canvas canali/zenga suit for a while until I actually make enough money that it matters. To be honest Boss is still better than 70% of the suits people in my age range wear for a undergrad student (unless their ibankers in the summer). Since most of the year I wear a suit a few times a month (in the summer daily) I think I'll survive.

I have a pretty heavy build. 5'10, 200lbs. Not sure if it'll fit great but I'm going in for a fitting when I'm in town either later this month or in December (I'm away at university)

gj555

Reaction score
I have a pretty heavy build. 5'10, 200lbs. Not sure if it'll fit great but I'm going in for a fitting when I'm in town either later this month or in December (I'm away at university)

Have you considered Made to Measure suits? Let me know and I will send you the name of a place that can make you a made to measure suit (fused) for $650 (more is you want canvas).

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the hugo boss corporate outlet store for canada is located in windsor ontario
not sure if you're anywhere near that

they generally have belts for $39 - $49
some will be one off samples, some current season product overruns, some season leftovers - ithey're not seconds or imperfects - there is some very limited baldessarini stuff left over but most of it was all shipped off to the separate baldessarini division

you can call them to see if they will sell over the phone and ship, not sure if they will though

TheBoss

Reaction score
The $100 train trip to Windsor would kill the deal. It would be awesome if I lived near there. $50 is less than the ebay belt!

I'll give them a call - maybe I can have my friend pick it up

TheBoss

Reaction score
I haven't but I might, is my build not suitable for off the rack?
Please PM me, if I don't get a M2M suit I think I have some friends that might be interested

Originally Posted by gj555
Have you considered Made to Measure suits? Let me know and I will send you the name of a place that can make you a made to measure suit (fused) for $650 (more is you want canvas).

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has been interesting for me to read about Boss items in this and in other threads. I have a few Boss items myself, and although I have no major complaints, I sometimes feel that the quality is not too good for the price (now, I am no expert on clothing, it is just a feeling that I have). Actually, I found out that the cloth of a jacket that I bought comprised quite a lot of polyester (40 or 60%, I believe). That is supposed to be bad, isn't it? I guess I should have looked at the label before buying it.
On the other hand, I find Boss' orange label stuff generally horrible.
However, Boss has some nice leather sneakers that I think are good for the price (I am not talking about the orange label ones).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads