Bosca Leather goods

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by demeis, Apr 18, 2005.

1. demeis

demeis Senior member

I'm in the market for a new wallet and i have looked at coach and they are ok in my opinion nothing special for the price and i feel alittle played up in the market (comments?). Any how the only other good leahter company i know of is Dunhill and well they are pretty much out of my price range. So i came across Bosca leather products the other day, and the leather seems nice and soft and at pricepoints around $60-80 it fits well into my budget, actually a little under. Was wondering if anyone else has experience with Bosca leather products and what their thoughts were in terms of quality or if they could recommend some other brands for me to check out in that price range (Under $125).

2. bch

bch Senior member

Bosca is pretty mediocre.

3. VMan

VMan Senior member

I always see Bosca at Marshalls/TJ Maxx for low prices. Belts and wallets under $20.

4. davis98

davis98 Member

Hey guys, first post here...

If you are looking for something a little different I suggest J Fold. I have had one for about 6months now, its holding up well so far, a little pricey, but I like it.

They are definetly not for everyone however

5. demeis

demeis Senior member

Can someone recommend some brands to look at? Not really very knowledgable about wallets and belts and the like.

6. newyorker

newyorker Senior member

I am not sure whether you may find it worthwhile to drive to Woodbury Common Premium Outlets. Alfred Dunhill used to have an outlet store there, but quite unfortunately they closed the store about half a year ago. I bought a Bottega Veneta (part of Gucci group) wallet at Woodbury for $99.

7. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior member

Though I don't have their wallets Hartmann makes a good quality product that fall well within your price range. If you're willing to stretch your budget to the $150 range, Ghurka makes some top quality stuff.

8. bch

bch Senior member

I've found that Ralph Lauren belts are a bargain when found for $30. I've got a few Zegnas bought on the web for $70-80. They are better, but I don't think they're that much better than the RL to spend the extra money. As far as wallets, I've posted this before. I've probably owned 20 wallets in my life. The Swiss Army Equity (Victorinox) model is my favorite. 4 interior card slots, one outside for license, tubular steel money clip. It's also super thin. It's very durable--came out of the washing machine like a champ. I like it so much, I bought two of them. Check it out here

9. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

I'm planning on giving Hartmann a whirl myself pretty soon. I'll report back when I do.

10. Andrew V.

Andrew V. Senior member

If it's any help, there is a Bosca factory outlet store in Jeffersonville, Ohio.

11. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Senior member

Wok...don't run.

12. demeis

demeis Senior member

Cool thanks for the responses. I'll be a little more specific about what i'm looking for but the hartmans looked nice. Woodbury commons i'll probibly be there in may so i can check there but saks and nieman like i said before don't have a really good selection. I got a RL and a Cole Haan for $30 each. But i'm looking to upgrade.

13. StevenRocks

StevenRocks Senior member

I like the Bosca leather on the wallet I have, but the construction was mediocre.

14. gilwood

gilwood Senior member

Bosca had this nice looking toiletry kit in vegetable tanned leather, but it seems like the construction won't be worth it. Anyone know about leather goods from a company called Dopp?

Edit: Never mind apparently toiletry kits are called "Dopp"

15. srivats

srivats Senior member

I have a Bosca wallet made of "Old leather" that I have had for years. It has held up well and has an amazing patina now.