Borrelli Sportcoat Model: Sorrento Question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Soph, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Soph

Soph Senior member

Has anyone inspected this particular model and what are your thoughts pros and cons.

Thanks for any insights.

My favorite jackets model is the Linosa which I have 4 in their summer cotton. The cut is excellent for me.
    SO I'm curious how the Sorrento fits relative to the Linosa.

2. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Has anyone inspected this particular model and what are your thoughts pros and cons.

Thanks for any insights.

My favorite jackets model is the Linosa which I have 4 in their summer cotton. The cut is excellent for me.
    SO I'm curious how the Sorrento fits relative to the Linosa.

I just checked my tags and they're all Nerano. I have one more with my tailor but it's probably the same as the others. Is the Linosa the completely unstructured model? If so, bought one but returned it since I really need even the minimal amount of padding found in their "regular" jackets. If you're buying these online, the main thing to check on would be the shoulder. Either way, Borrelli's shoulder is minimally padded so you'll probably be fine in it.

3. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

I just checked my tags and they're all Nerano. I have one more with my tailor but it's probably the same as the others. Is the Linosa the completely unstructured model? If so, bought one but returned it since I really need even the minimal amount of padding found in their "regular" jackets. If you're buying these online, the main thing to check on would be the shoulder. Either way, Borrelli's shoulder is minimally padded so you'll probably be fine in it.
    The Nerano has a TON of padding and the Linosa has none. Although the Linosa is fused, it is my favorite model that they do, and probably my favorite RTW sportcoat available in the US (or anywhere else). Something tells me that the Sorrento is the new version of the Linosa, but my memory is sometimes rotten.

4. Soph

Soph Senior member

The Sorrento is a softer unstructured jacket I believe no padding, fits like a sweater in many ways. I've just never seen one in hand or tried it on but it does have the hallmarks of a Linosa.

For sooth, me thinks me haft to call the heavenly big apple and maketh an inquiry into to such matter.

5. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

The Sorrento is a softer unstructured jacket I believe no padding, fits like a sweater in many ways. I've just never seen one in hand or tried it on but it does have the hallmarks of a Linosa.

For sooth, me thinks me haft to call the heavenly big apple and maketh an inquiry into to such matter.

They like to change things up every once in a while. I tried the Sorrento on in tweed and it was very nice. I am just not sure that they discontinued the Linosa. As far as the fusing on the Linosa, it is not a big deal and nothing like regular fusing. It is a soft piece of fusible like you might find in a shirt that is ironed on to the lapel to give roll without structure. All of the brands from over there do the same with this style jacket.

6. Zegnamtl

Zegnamtl Senior member

....As far as the fusing on the Linosa, it is not a big deal and nothing like regular fusing. It is a soft piece of fusible like you might find in a shirt that is ironed on to the lapel to give roll without structure. All of the brands from over there do the same with this style jacket.
    The fusing Iammatt refers to on the Linosa is located in the inside of the folded over area (a few inches down the front) only (as far as I know, Matt any other spots that you are aware of?) and helps it keep its form. [​IMG] [​IMG] edit: better pictures

7. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011

8. Zegnamtl

Zegnamtl Senior member

voxsartoria,

In the right inside breast pocket.

[​IMG]

9. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

10. Zegnamtl

Zegnamtl Senior member

Thank you, Z. Interesting...I believe that the two Borrelli RTW odd jackets that I have must be Linosa. I will have to check in the AM.
    - B

My pleasure,
    if they are Linosa, they should have no inside pocket,
    the tag will be located inside the fold on the right side very near the bottom.

11. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member