1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Borrelli shirts - really that good? Who really makes best shirts in world?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jclin10, Aug 5, 2009.

1. NORE

NORE Senior member

2. diglett

diglett Senior member

^ Ah, thanks! How do you get PRL for $35 each? Retail is like $150, and I can't imagine sales being that drastic.

3. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Outlet stores or eBay.

I'd think that they're probably a bit more than that usually, so perhaps NORE is exaggerating a bit, but you can still pick them up very cheaply.

4. diglett

diglett Senior member

Cool cool, thanks!

5. NORE

NORE Senior member

Nope, there are tons of folks that do outlet shopping and post their wares on eBay. the beauty is that each person one-downs the next seller so you eventually get a shirt for what they paid. For instance I wore this shirt tonite and bought it new for $25:

It ranges in price right now from $32.49 shipped to $79.95 shipped.

The seller I bought mine from started the listing at $8 and I won at $25.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  6. table21

table21 Senior member

The problems I find with polo shirts is that the fabric used is really hit or miss a lot of the shirts I have tried feel like cardboard. Also some of the sleeves cuffs are not reinforced very well. Overall I find them very hit or miss. Also as you move to the 50-100 mark for shirts you can get a lot nicer pieces than polo.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  7. chogall

chogall Senior member

My mistake on G&G. And unless its significantly below Vass or Meermin LM type of prices, still not impressed. Been to the trunk shows and AS isn't that impressive upon inspection or trial.

But hey, different strokes for different folks, some might be shoe man, some might have fabric fetish, and some might just love different shirts and shirt constructions!

8. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I find regent PRL at marshalls and tj maxx all the time.

9. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

I believe they regularly get stuff straight from RL. Have seen RLBL and RLPL stuff all the time there.

10. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

We don't get that nice of stuff, do you go to the "designer" stores they have, or are they regular stores?

11. Dan e gee

Dan e gee Senior member

Maybe they are seconds, imperfect, with buttons missing that were attached by someone else? I can sew a button on better than that!

I

12. Leonardo Da Vinci

Leonardo Da Vinci Senior member

edited

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  13. Leonardo Da Vinci

Leonardo Da Vinci Senior member

if you talk of middle class in Italy I'm problably with you saying they don't know truzzi, sutor which is really nothing special and finamore, but already the entry middle class know santoni: how italians don't know santoni: maybe in the countryside where nobody care, but if then we speak of the upper class everybody know santoni, truzzi, borrelli, finamore and so on, and not cause obsessed of brands, but simply cause when "you" step in a store, a multibrand store, those brands are all there, it's impossible to avoid those brands, plus there are many others that I here on SF are completely unknown while here the majority of persons who wear those brands above have also some clothes of those brands unknown in US......ot at least here on SF....as is never good to generalize.
    If I should make an interview here in Italy asking for example what brand of shoes they've bought for a cerimony or smth similar I bet the 40% would say santoni, the other 40% would say church's and the 20% from some other shoesmakers.....italian or english....no matter. ( I'm talking about middle upper class)
    Then, for sure there are many italians who don't wear them, don't know them, can't afford them, but I don't think we're talking of those people here.

14. doughboysc

doughboysc Senior member

My advice for the best shirts, go to Turnbull & Asser their shirts are made in Britain. Famous customers included Prince Charles and the late Sir David Frost. Even James Bond wears T&A sea island shirts with turnback cuffs. I'm planning on going to T&A in NYC later this month if the Lords willing. It's a shame that T&A closed their Beverly Hills store earlier this year.