1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Borrelli in Australia

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 28, 2008.

1. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

Would anyone know (other than American Tailors), retailers of Borrelli in Melbourne?

Thanks

2. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

Would anyone know (other than American Tailors), retailers of Borrelli in Melbourne?

Thanks

They used to have a store on Collins St in the old Georges building, that I know..

I think Henry Bucks - but don't hold your breath as they also carry BC but as usual the buyer was smoking a pipe..

3. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

They used to have a store on Collins St in the old Georges building, that I know..

ah... I had wandered into that store before I wandered onto SF ... If only it was still there!

the only retail outlet they now have is in Brisbane I believe...and I can't say I've ever noticed the brand in any other retail stores

4. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

Thanks guys.
    All i could pull off the Borrelli www, was about a store in Chatswood, (must have closed).
    I am after a specific pair of Jeans. I know, i know - they usually get canned here, though the fit is amazing.

5. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

the only retail outlet they now have is in Brisbane I believe...and I can't say I've ever noticed the brand in any other retail stores

Not any more.
    I believe that Joe Richards, the owner of the eponymous Brisbane clothier, also had the Borrelli license for Australia and so he indirectly ran the Melbourne store (although I could be wrong about that). Therefore, Joe did stock Borrelli in his "Joe Richards' Menswear" store in Brisbane. However, he closed both the Melbourne Borrelli store and then his Brisbane store some time back.

Some have said that he is leaving the clothing industry and that he is, instead, going to concentrate on importing fine wines, spirits and cigars. Others have said that he is going to start up an Australian-owned suit company, which manufactures high-end suits here in Australia.

It's now been the better part of a year, though, and I haven't heard anything further in either direction.

As far as I know, Joe Richards was the only place to get Borrelli in Brisbane. We have a couple of other clothiers that stock Canali, Brioni, Cucinelli and other such brands, but no Borrelli.

6. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

The Borrelli store in Collins St is now a Bossoni outlet.

I have seen Borrelli ties at various places - Declic, Bossoni - but haven't seen shirts, pants or suits anywhere since the shop closed.

If you do find an outlet in Melbourne, I'd be interested.

7. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Senior member

Joe did indeed run the Melbourne store, I spoke to him there once or twice.

Last I checked, Harrolds Melbourne (not Sydney) had some suits and shirts, maybe ties, doubtful on shoes, uncertain about sportswear. Obscene prices of course, and none of the good sales that Joe used to have...