• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borrelli in Australia

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would anyone know (other than American Tailors), retailers of Borrelli in Melbourne?

Thanks

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by earthdragon
Would anyone know (other than American Tailors), retailers of Borrelli in Melbourne?

Thanks

They used to have a store on Collins St in the old Georges building, that I know..

I think Henry Bucks - but don't hold your breath as they also carry BC but as usual the buyer was smoking a pipe..

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
They used to have a store on Collins St in the old Georges building, that I know..

ah... I had wandered into that store before I wandered onto SF ... If only it was still there!

the only retail outlet they now have is in Brisbane I believe...and I can't say I've ever noticed the brand in any other retail stores

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
All i could pull off the Borrelli www, was about a store in Chatswood, (must have closed).
I am after a specific pair of Jeans. I know, i know - they usually get canned here, though the fit is amazing.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
the only retail outlet they now have is in Brisbane I believe...and I can't say I've ever noticed the brand in any other retail stores

Not any more.
I believe that Joe Richards, the owner of the eponymous Brisbane clothier, also had the Borrelli license for Australia and so he indirectly ran the Melbourne store (although I could be wrong about that). Therefore, Joe did stock Borrelli in his "Joe Richards' Menswear" store in Brisbane. However, he closed both the Melbourne Borrelli store and then his Brisbane store some time back.

Some have said that he is leaving the clothing industry and that he is, instead, going to concentrate on importing fine wines, spirits and cigars. Others have said that he is going to start up an Australian-owned suit company, which manufactures high-end suits here in Australia.

It's now been the better part of a year, though, and I haven't heard anything further in either direction.

As far as I know, Joe Richards was the only place to get Borrelli in Brisbane. We have a couple of other clothiers that stock Canali, Brioni, Cucinelli and other such brands, but no Borrelli.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Borrelli store in Collins St is now a Bossoni outlet.

I have seen Borrelli ties at various places - Declic, Bossoni - but haven't seen shirts, pants or suits anywhere since the shop closed.

If you do find an outlet in Melbourne, I'd be interested.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Joe did indeed run the Melbourne store, I spoke to him there once or twice.

Last I checked, Harrolds Melbourne (not Sydney) had some suits and shirts, maybe ties, doubtful on shoes, uncertain about sportswear. Obscene prices of course, and none of the good sales that Joe used to have...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads