• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borrelli fraud warning on ebay

horton

Reaction score
A while back I posted on what I thought to be fraudulent Borrelli sweater being sold on ebay by salvio. This was based on the clearly un-Borrelli like zippers and zipper pulls on his merchandise.

The same seller now has a lot of shirts on ebay and they too look like frauds. The buttons are all wrong as are their stitching (no crows-foot).

There are legitimate Borrelli on ebay but not from this dude.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, I had him on my favorite sellers because of his uncanny selection of "high quality" borrelli. Not anymore.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased a cash. sweater from this guy in October - the label struck me as off as did the zipper, so I tried to return it according to his own return policy. He ignored me. I contacted him through PayPal. He responded, stating that there was no way they were counterfeit, but he'd accept them back. Fine by me. I mailed it off. No response. I open a dispute with PayPal, stating that I sent the guy his goods upon his request to his supplied address, and that he hasn't sent back my money. They rule in his favor saying my tracking # is invalid. It isn't - it showed the item being delivered to Italy in November. I had to fax them (last week) a copy of the shipping slip and all. So it's taken approximately 2 months for nothing to happen with most of the actual work taking place on my behalf.

**** PayPal and **** this SALVIO_S guy.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by horton
A while back I posted on what I thought to be fraudulent Borrelli sweater being sold on ebay by salvio. This was based on the clearly un-Borrelli like zippers and zipper pulls on his merchandise.

The same seller now has a lot of shirts on ebay and they too look like frauds. The buttons are all wrong as are their stitching (no crows-foot).

There are legitimate Borrelli on ebay but not from this dude.

I don't know anything about this guy but the shirts that I have looked at in his auctions look like real Borrelli to me. Both labels and the buttons and stitching look correct. Also note that the shoulders have been hand stitched. A lot of work to do for a counterfeit product, not that it's impossible or that somebody wouldn't go through all that, I just think it's unlikely.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
I purchased a cash. sweater from this guy in October - the label struck me as off as did the zipper, so I tried to return it according to his own return policy. He ignored me. I contacted him through PayPal. He responded, stating that there was no way they were counterfeit, but he'd accept them back. Fine by me. I mailed it off. No response. I open a dispute with PayPal, stating that I sent the guy his goods upon his request to his supplied address, and that he hasn't sent back my money. They rule in his favor saying my tracking # is invalid. It isn't - it showed the item being delivered to Italy in November. I had to fax them (last week) a copy of the shipping slip and all. So it's taken approximately 2 months for nothing to happen with most of the actual work taking place on my behalf.

I am being fed up with EBAY/Paypal , not only in my experience they only havd sided with the buyer,
it seems to be the case they ONLY side with the Fraudulent party (buyer or seller) because it takes more work to prove case for the Honest party.
the fraudulent party would have already schemed out the whole plan and have ready a strategy for every loophole in the system, while the honest is a bystander handing out info at a moment's notice.

we have to do something corporate to stop paypal. I am more and more denying the use of Paypal just to boycott. I think we all should do the same.

viluxx

Reaction score
I usually contact credit card company to get the money refund if I had problem with Paypal.

horton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I don't know anything about this guy but the shirts that I have looked at in his auctions look like real Borrelli to me. Both labels and the buttons and stitching look correct. Also note that the shoulders have been hand stitched. A lot of work to do for a counterfeit product, not that it's impossible or that somebody wouldn't go through all that, I just think it's unlikely.

The buttons and the stitching are definitely not Borrelli. The top button on dress shirts should be very thin and the others very thick. More important, the stitching on every Borrelli shirt I've ever seen whether dress or casual has crow's stitch and his are cross stitch. He also doesn't show all the labels and details at the bottom of the shirts (to me a telltale sign)

I'd raise disputes with credit card companies instead of paypal;

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm surprised they even responded to you. This happened to me in the past and I simply got screwed. I returned the item and the seller kept the item AND my money. Paypal said they couldn't do anything because I said that I had received the item.
plain.gif
The fact that I had then sent it back at the seller's request was irrelevant to them, because as far as they were concerned, I had received the item and the transaction was successfully completed.

horton

Reaction score
I should add that I'm not of the opinion that all Italian sellers are fraudulent. It's just this Salvio dude who I think is bad news -- at least of things I've seen.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The buttons and the stitching are definitely not Borrelli. The top button on dress shirts should be very thin and the others very thick. More important, the stitching on every Borrelli shirt I've ever seen whether dress or casual has crow's stitch and his are cross stitch. He also doesn't show all the labels and details at the bottom of the shirts (to me a telltale sign)

I'd raise disputes with credit card companies instead of paypal;

We must be looking at different shirts. Either way, his buy it now prices aren't that great that I'd be interested.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you pay by credit card ? If so issue a dispute. I find Amex is kick ass in this and Visa/MC not so much.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I'm surprised they even responded to you. This happened to me in the past and I simply got screwed. I returned the item and the seller kept the item AND my money. Paypal said they couldn't do anything because I said that I had received the item.
plain.gif
The fact that I had then sent it back at the seller's request was irrelevant to them, because as far as they were concerned, I had received the item and the transaction was successfully completed.

I had the same experience. Bastards.

WSW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by viluxx
I usually contact credit card company to get the money refund if I had problem with Paypal.

I agree. Get the CC working on your side. You'll usually come out on top.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hire a hit man.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The buttons and the stitching are definitely not Borrelli. The top button on dress shirts should be very thin and the others very thick.

All the buttons on my Borrellis are thick, including the top ones on the collar. My shirts came from a Borrelli boutique.

--Andre

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads