• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borrelli, Barba or Finamore

coolron

Reaction score
So I'm looking to purchase two shirts, a solid white and light blue. I just recently and the three brands that piqued my interest are Borrelli, Barba and Finamore. I'm 5' 11", 165 pounds and my collar size is 15.75. What shirts would be the best for me to purchase?

madridista

Reaction score
You can go to shopthefinest.com and check the shirt sizes by brand in the detail tab of each product for me apart from collar size, sleeve length, the most important measurement is waist size. Have yours measured and see which fits you better. Last time I had done that Barba was the slimmest and fit me better.

emc894

Reaction score
I have and enjoy all 3. Finamore is definitely tighter and more youthful/stylized, Borrelli has nicest collars, buttons and materials in my experience. Barba I like the least. If you can find any of the 3 OTR for under $200 in a style you like, definitely worth a purchase.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have and enjoy all 3. Finamore is definitely tighter and more youthful/stylized, Borrelli has nicest collars, buttons and materials in my experience. Barba I like the least. If you can find any of the 3 OTR for under $200 in a style you like, definitely worth a purchase.

I guess it depends on the model .The one Finamore that I recently purchased is definitely not slim
or for a youthful figure. I am 5' 9" 170 with a 16.5 neck and a 36" waist, 44" chest. My Finamore
is comfortable without being baggy

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
Finamore is one of my all time favorite shirt makers. Every man should have 1 Finamore in his wardrobe! Borrelli would come next. But I must suggest another brand.... Instead of Barba, you should look into Fray. They are VERY underrated and are up there with Finamore, quality wise; Maybe even better.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I recently bought two Barba's and I'm very happy with them. I boguth those, because they had the 19" shoulders that I needed. I will try Finamore and Borrelli the next time, but I've seen the 16 / 41 have very narrow shoulders, somewhere around 18" to 17.75"!
eek.gif
But those still have the 45" in the chest. I don't know how those will fit. If you dn't have this situation, I think whichever shirt you buy, you are going to be happy and you should look for having the three brands.
nod[1].gif

ctp120

Reaction score
All three makers are very nice and within their own lines have multiple models cut differently. E.g., Barba has black, white, and gold (white with gold lettering) labels. Shopthefinest carries all three brands and a variety of models within each at very good prices. They also offer detailed measurements, as mentioned above. The only issue I foresee with checking stf is that it might be harder to find solid white and solid blue in the size, collar type, and cut you want, but it's worth a shot. Generally speaking, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three (I own them all); it largely depends on varying fits and individual preferences.

Last edited:

Spandexter

Reaction score
I have all three. I like my Finamore the best primarily due to the cut but like others have said it depends on the different fits. I find my Barba shirts to be a complete ***** to iron compared to the other two so probably won't be adding anymore to my wardrobe for that reason.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm almost exactly your size and have a fondness for Borrelli ... but I like a slightly loose waist. That only bad thing I'll say about Borrelli is that their buttons come loose more often. I haven't done a study, but that is my personal experience. I just had the laundry sew buttons on four shirts ... all four were Borrelli ... and not more than 5% of my shirts are Borrelli.

aph999

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm exactly your weight and height, and love the fit of the Borrelli and Finamore in particular. Both fit me perfectly; the Finamore is so soft and lightweight it feels like I'm wearing nothing. :embar:

I have several NWT Borrelli in light blue and a couple white in 15.75 (waiting for the Spring to break them out) so in the unlikely event you can't locate them via Shop The Finest, let me know, although I would only let them go at a premium because I had a tough time finding them in solid white and solid light blue spread collar.

Fray is great as well.

coolron

Reaction score
Yeah, it's very hard to find a solid white shirt in my size so I think I'm going to with a light gray instead. I'm highly considering picking up a pair of cotton Borrelli pants too. I was originally planning on getting a pair of cotton and a pair of wool trousers from Howard Yount but I liked the Borelli more. I'll still be grabbing the wool trousers from Howard Yount though.

tc20

Reaction score
Of their slim-lines; which is the slimmest cut?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads