• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borrelli at Century 21

Lint Brush

Reaction score
For those with access to lower Manhattan, Century 21 is having their winter clearance blowout. I picked up a very nice black merino wool long sleeve polo from Borrelli for $39.99 (down from $420 or so) (and it's tax free week.). I spotted at least a half dozen or more other pieces (mainly 50 and 52 sz) . . there's a beautiful cream zippered sweater with a hole in it also marked down to $40 from $700--if it's fixable, it would be sweet.

Lots of discounted Theory sweaters, Ballantyne cashmere in ugly forest green for $80. Spring batch of RLPL shirts for $110 as well.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ballantyne cashmere in ugly forest green for $80.
<drool>
Any other colors? Styles?

<later reply>

Thanks, sorry for the troll. Picked 1 sweater up for $150 at Thanksgiving, guess I'm just greedy.
Cheers.

Lint Brush

Reaction score
Not that I could see, but I didn't do an exhaustive search. All the good sale stuff was in the "Riot Sale" racks . . .just saw iterations of that damn forest green (earlier this winter Century had a number of Ballantyne cashmere sweaters in a variety of nicer colors and styles, but I didn't buy any at the time--they had been reduced to around $150; a good buy for the quality, but more than I wanted to spend).

bryce330

Reaction score
Did you see any good deals on suits (Borrelli or otherwise)? I might try to stop by Saturday AM. Thanks.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We've been told Isaia is marked down to $500. If you go, please check to see if there are any Isaia suits in 40R. I know there was a brown one 2 months ago that was very nice, but I don't need a brown suit. If there are any others, please let us know.

Thanks.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've been told Isaia is marked down to $500. If you go, please check to see if there are any Isaia suits in 40R. I know there was a brown one 2 months ago that was very nice, but I don't need a brown suit. If there are any others, please let us know.

Thanks.

But I could use one. Johnnynorman3, I would gladly safeguard that suit (which is a great deal and should not be left to non-SF members) until which time you want it back, at which time I will claim ignorance of the existence of any such arrangement, and that the suit was a freely given gift. Thanks.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
isaia... size 40... $500...
devil.gif
Â
devil.gif
sometimes i really envy you east coast people, then i realize it's 72 degrees and sunny outside and some of you guys are freezing. i feel better now.
cool.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sometimes i really envy you east coast people, then i realize it's 72 degrees and sunny outside and some of you guys are freezing.

i feel better now.

Uncalled for. Completely uncalled for. BTW, the Maxfield Bleu second set of markdowns starts this Saturday. Are you going?

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
la guy, the clothes there are too skinny for me. maybe when i was 20 i could have pulled off those looks. btw, apparently mini skirts are back...
biggrin.gif

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sometimes i really envy you east coast people, then i realize it's 72 degrees and sunny outside and some of you guys are freezing. i feel better now. Â
Uncalled for. Â Completely uncalled for. Â BTW, the Maxfield Bleu second set of markdowns starts this Saturday. Â Are you going?
now I am. thanks for the tip. btw, is there a good resource for finding out about sales similar to this?

bryce330

Reaction score

Thanks.
jn3 -

If I go (and I'm 90% sure I will) I will definitely see if there are any Isaias in 40R and let you know.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe that there is a website called dailycandy.com or something that lists sales like this. Plus, if you signed up, they'll send you a postcard - usually too late. Best way is to know someone who knows. Next best way is to call.

sashae

Reaction score
I saw the ballantyne cashmere v-necks in a rather lurid yellow as well as two in a nice medium grey... Not sure how long they'll last, but there are still definitely some still about as of today.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Assuming they're at $80, if someone is willing to pick up a medium V neck (size 42) in grey from Ballantyne and mail it me I'd be glad to reimburse...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads