Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Borrelli at Century 21

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lint Brush, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Lint Brush

Lint Brush Senior member

For those with access to lower Manhattan, Century 21 is having their winter clearance blowout. I picked up a very nice black merino wool long sleeve polo from Borrelli for $39.99 (down from $420 or so) (and it's tax free week.). I spotted at least a half dozen or more other pieces (mainly 50 and 52 sz) . . there's a beautiful cream zippered sweater with a hole in it also marked down to $40 from $700--if it's fixable, it would be sweet.

Lots of discounted Theory sweaters, Ballantyne cashmere in ugly forest green for $80. Spring batch of RLPL shirts for $110 as well.

2. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

<drool>
    Any other colors? Styles?

<later reply>

Thanks, sorry for the troll. Picked 1 sweater up for $150 at Thanksgiving, guess I'm just greedy.
    Cheers.

3. Lint Brush

Lint Brush Senior member

Not that I could see, but I didn't do an exhaustive search. All the good sale stuff was in the "Riot Sale" racks . . .just saw iterations of that damn forest green (earlier this winter Century had a number of Ballantyne cashmere sweaters in a variety of nicer colors and styles, but I didn't buy any at the time--they had been reduced to around $150; a good buy for the quality, but more than I wanted to spend).

4. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

Did you see any good deals on suits (Borrelli or otherwise)? I might try to stop by Saturday AM. Thanks.

5. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

We've been told Isaia is marked down to $500. If you go, please check to see if there are any Isaia suits in 40R. I know there was a brown one 2 months ago that was very nice, but I don't need a brown suit. If there are any others, please let us know.

Thanks.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

But I could use one. Johnnynorman3, I would gladly safeguard that suit (which is a great deal and should not be left to non-SF members) until which time you want it back, at which time I will claim ignorance of the existence of any such arrangement, and that the suit was a freely given gift. Thanks.

7. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

isaia... size 40... $500... [​IMG] Â [​IMG] sometimes i really envy you east coast people, then i realize it's 72 degrees and sunny outside and some of you guys are freezing. i feel better now. [​IMG]

8. LA Guy

Uncalled for. Completely uncalled for. BTW, the Maxfield Bleu second set of markdowns starts this Saturday. Are you going?

9. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

la guy, the clothes there are too skinny for me. maybe when i was 20 i could have pulled off those looks. btw, apparently mini skirts are back... [​IMG]

10. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

sometimes i really envy you east coast people, then i realize it's 72 degrees and sunny outside and some of you guys are freezing. i feel better now. Â
    Uncalled for. Â Completely uncalled for. Â BTW, the Maxfield Bleu second set of markdowns starts this Saturday. Â Are you going?
    now I am. thanks for the tip. btw, is there a good resource for finding out about sales similar to this?

11. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

jn3 -

If I go (and I'm 90% sure I will) I will definitely see if there are any Isaias in 40R and let you know.

12. LA Guy

I believe that there is a website called dailycandy.com or something that lists sales like this. Plus, if you signed up, they'll send you a postcard - usually too late. Best way is to know someone who knows. Next best way is to call.

13. LA Guy

Always good.

14. sashae

sashae Senior member

I saw the ballantyne cashmere v-necks in a rather lurid yellow as well as two in a nice medium grey... Not sure how long they'll last, but there are still definitely some still about as of today.

15. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Assuming they're at $80, if someone is willing to pick up a medium V neck (size 42) in grey from Ballantyne and mail it me I'd be glad to reimburse...