• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Born shoes

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
So I bought a pair.  Casual ones of course.  Most of them are hideously ugly, and I can't tell whether the ones I bought were or not (they are quite an anomoly), but I was wondering if anyone had opinions.  I must say, they are without a doubt the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.
And apparently, they are hand constructed.

Dan

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought a pair from J&M about a year ago... Due to the unquestionable ugliness and super comfort I use them as Slippers only at home (and when I fly actually, as they are easy to put on and off).Hey... I have kids to marry off
I love them as slippers. Cant imagine anyone wearing outside regularly.

artdeco73

Reaction score
I have a pair. I don't find them all that ugly for causal wear. They work well with jeans. But then, I wear Ecco shoes, too...
I have two comments about the Borns. First, while they are comfortable, they are not as comfortable as my Eccos. More importantly, however, they let in water through the sole. The sole (rubber, of course), has a funky construction -- it has light-colored "insets" (not sure how else to describe them) set into the darker-colored base. The insets protrude a little -- perhaps they are meant to aid traction. I think the water comes through the seams between the insets and the base. The net effect is my feet get wet even when I walk on damp pavement. I'm not even talking about stepping into puddles. The Borns also seem to run a little small -- my size is normally 43 (Euro), but I had to get the Borns in 44, and they are still a little snug. FWIW, the style I have are laced, plain squared-off toe. I think that style has been discontinued since I got them. Best Regards, Tony

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.