• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Borelli Tags?

free man

Reaction score
So I was at FB today and I saw this Sport Coat. The FB tag said Borelli, prices at over 5000 dollars blah blah. But there was no tag in the Jacket that said Borelli, just a tag at the top of the back that said something that looked like spanish (and now I forget what it said). With discounts, this jacket was only 200$!!! So my question is is it normal for Borelli sportcoats to have no real markings on them? It definitely looked Borelli, lots of pick stitching and the tag said made in Italy. It just seemed pretty weird that it had no Borelli tag on it anywhere. If it matters, it was a blue Wool/silk blend, 3 button, 1/4 lined with dual vents and working buttonholes.

spence

Reaction score
It's possible the tag was removed, but I'd think there would be some indication. If you take a pic of the manufacturer's tag inside the pocket that might give it away.

-spence

literasyme

Reaction score
Was it a crest with the motto "fornitori della real casa"? That's Borelli. It's a (no longer current, right?) royal warrant.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
borelli is italian, so I assume the above is italian.

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by free man
........ The FB tag said Borelli.....just a tag at the top of the back that said something that looked like spanish......

They are rioting in the streets of Naples over this thread!
Burning mounds of garbage at every street corner no less!

free man

Reaction score
Excuse my stupidity. I only looked at the word 'casa,' I realized after I posted that it would obviously be Italian.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 116 15.8%
  • 31 - 40