• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bored to Death sports jackets

ak3000

Reaction score
anyone know where the Jonathan Ames character (played by Jason Schwartzmen) gets all of those sport jackets? those plaids are amazing. Any suggestions where to obtain similar jackets are also welcome.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Goodwill? I think many of his sportcoats are vintage.

Great show.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Super show, cool coats, not so hot on his collars. Ted Danson has some great 3 pc suits as well. Fave episode is the skateboard one.

borderline

Reaction score
I just started watching this. In episode 1 they showed that his closet had only one jacket, but then every other episode he's wearing something different. Good stuff. Great quotes.

"I love martinis, they heal all wounds."

hypostatic

Reaction score
Really a terrific show. I would have to agree with the above - they definitely look (and fit) vintage.

Tarvold

Reaction score
Good show, and better sports coats. I would guess they are vintage

em36

Reaction score
My guess would be Mr. Ned from a story done a while back on all the Wes Anderson movies; they're pals, both get their stuff for movies and personal there. In the Sun, I think, or maybe in conversation with someone in NY.

borderline

Reaction score
Quote from season 2:

"I'm going to visualize that I'm a successful writer, detective, and college professor, and what's good about all these jobs is, you wear basically the same outfit: sport coats."

borderline

Reaction score
What are these boots Jason is wearing? (and can we move this thread to Entertainment and Culture?)

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by borderline
Quote from season 2:

"I'm going to visualize that I'm a successful writer, detective, and college professor, and what's good about all these jobs is, you wear basically the same outfit: sport coats."

I caught that, too!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.