• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borat

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got back from it. I found it extremely funny and a good exploration of intolerance. People really let their guard down when they think they're dealing with an idiot. The frat boys and the manager of the rodeo in particular. Thoughts?

Newton

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation Aaron I'm looking forward to it.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just caught the Daily SHow episode with Sasha err I mean Borat.
Maybe I will watch the film.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loved it!!

K

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haven't seen it yet. How does it compare to the show? More of the same, or is it even more outrageous? If Cohen gets bored with Borat, I wouldn't mind a movie about Bruno either.

bryce330

Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
If Cohen gets bored with Borat, I wouldn't mind a movie about Bruno either.
It's on the way. http://www.timeout.com/film/news/1491.html Personally, I've always found Bruno the least funny character of the three. I think his act gets old after about 5 minutes, I can't imagine how they are going to make a 90 minute film about Bruno. And there are several scenes in Borat that are definitely more outrageous than anything on the show.

saunderscc

Reaction score
I saw it last night. Cohen's certainly talented and the movie's reasonably entertaining, but, at times, had the feel of an SNL skit that runs a little too long when it doesn't need to.

During the course of filming, I can't believe Cohen didn't get:

A) Arrested
B) Beaten
C) Killed

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really, I didn't think it got outrageous enough. The true talent of Cohen is his ability to fish out hidden predjudices, which happened a couple of times in the film but not as much as I expected after reading a few reviews.

That being said, I think the hotel room scene (the most lowbrow part of the movie) was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
*high five!*

saw it, great! it's basically like the Ali G bits compiled within the context of a storyline.

what I'm wondering is if the Pam Anderson part was real and she got punk'd, or if she was in on it and is a better actress than we give her credit for. That was funny as hell when Borat busts out the 'bag'.

I agree that Bruno is the least funniest character. I also can't see a 90 minute movie with him that has consistent laughs, as his 5 min bits are rarely funny.

Oldboy

Reaction score
Absolutely one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. When I went on Friday night with my buddies, the theatre was packed with a raucous crowd. Especially during the hotel scene, the whole theatre was out of ******* control!
lol8[1].gif

For anyone who plans on seeing it, I recommend you do so while it's still playing in theatres. I enjoyed it as an experience; I know that if I were to buy it on DVD and watch it at home it wouldn't nearly be as funny.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw it tonight and thought it was awesome.

Reaction score
i feel like i missed half the movie b/c folks were guffawing and laughing too loudly, myself included. right?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Saw it last night. Alternated between laughter and terror. I thought he would get kicked hard for a few stunts - particularly the hotel vignette. Some parts were truly hysterical, though - the auto dealer, and the B&B.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads