• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Boots suggestions

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Im looking for some suggestions of good quality boots such as Alden, Trickers, C&J. I have been limiting myself to those 3 brands because of proven quality; however, I would like to explore other options. I mostly like wingtips and captoes but open to other suggestions. What brand would be on the same level as the above mentioned brands, and below $650 (i know rider boots are awesome but way out of budget). Also I'm trying to avoid really pointy european styles, im a big fan of most LeastherSoul styles. Any suggestions and/or links would be appreciated.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sinnedk
Im looking for some suggestions of good quality boots such as Alden, Trickers, C&J. I have been limiting myself to those 3 brands because of proven quality; however, I would like to explore other options. I mostly like wingtips and captoes but open to other suggestions. What brand would be on the same level as the above mentioned brands, and below $650 (i know rider boots are awesome but way out of budget). Also I'm trying to avoid really pointy european styles, im a big fan of most LeastherSoul styles. Any suggestions and/or links would be appreciated.

Ron Rider should be able to make you a calf version of his shell boots for your price range.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Odd I/O
Ron Rider should be able to make you a calf version of his shell boots for your price range.

I didn't imagine his name was really Rider. I always imagine they must be a rider of horses. Seems like a natural rider connection for boots to me.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 15 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 74 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 143 32.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 35 8.1%