• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boots made by Russell Moccasin Company -- experiences

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by prmsch
Their boots are definitely most excellent but to be honest I'm thinking about ordering loafers (they should be here by about June, perfect timing I'd say.) Does anyone know if they'll make styles that are not currently in the catalog or on the website? My two favorite styles don't show up on either.
yes, they will customize many of their products. if you look at some of the japanese retailers that carry russell you will see a lot of custom styles.

xander_horst

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Seafinch
Screenshot2011-02-09at24901PM.png

Just won these on eBay. Can't wait to receive them!

Did you get these yet? What are your impressions of this seller? On the level and all that?

Seafinch

Reaction score
Hey guys. They've arrived but I've been out of town and won't be home to greet them til Monday. It's quite brutal. I'll post my thoughts when I get them.

rbny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Curious_George
It does, so here's a contribution of a couple shots of my Chukkas in tan chromexcel leather and an old shot of my Hikers in brown Horween Navigator leather.
DSC_0514.jpg
I've also got a green chamois short PH in the works. I think I'll do an updated family shot of my Russells when it arrives.

Those look fantastic and have motivated me to start saving for a pair of hikers as well. Is the pair above constructed with a single vamp or double vamp? Is it worth ordering the hikers with a double vamp to use for hiking as well as walking around town? I normally use my Lowa (and occasionally Asolo) boots with Superfeet insoles for hiking only and I'm curious if the Russell Hikers would compare favorably especially since they they are custom fitted to your foot.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rbny
Those look fantastic and have motivated me to start saving for a pair of hikers as well. The pair above seems to have been constructed with a single vamp. Is it worth ordering that same pair with double vamp to use for hiking as well as walking around town?

I normally use my Lowa (and occasionally Asolo) boots with Superfeet insoles for hiking only and I'm curious if the Russell Hikers would compare favorably especially since they they are custom fitted to your foot.

thats a good question. i think it really depends on how you will be wearing them. if you live in an area that is very dry and you wont be trucking thru rain or snow the single vamp will do. they will be a little lighter and easier to wear.

if, on the other hand, you live wear i do where it rains/snows 7 months out of the year the double or tripe vamp is the only way to go ... simply because they will be waterproof.

i just got my russell catalog and they have some great stuff. they have several new styles and sole options.

rbny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
thats a good question. i think it really depends on how you will be wearing them. if you live in an area that is very dry and you wont be trucking thru rain or snow the single vamp will do. they will be a little lighter and easier to wear.

if, on the other hand, you live wear i do where it rains/snows 7 months out of the year the double or tripe vamp is the only way to go ... simply because they will be waterproof.

i just got my russell catalog and they have some great stuff. they have several new styles and sole options.

I travel quite a bit and need an "an all purpose" boot. It seems that a double vamp version is the way to go. So your pair is double vamp or triple? Thanks for replying so quickly and I apologize for the questions but I'm planning a work trip near Wisconsin and may have the opportunity to visit their shop.

Thanks again.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ts18
Want to order this
http://cgi.ebay.com/Russell-Moccasin...item415721d332
BUt I dont know the fit well.
Should I order half size down or a whole size?
Thanks

Of course I'm going out on a limb here, but I would say that you can go down a full size. I have a pair of Russel boots, and they are quite oversized (not sure if it is a 1/2 or 1 full size) and they are a D-width, and these boots are a EE-width, which I'm fairly sure would give that last half size at least.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
That is like the best collection of shoes, I have ever seen. At least the best collection of Russels, I have ever seen.

Silver&Gold really captured the essence of RM.

HystericFactor

Reaction score
I wore a pair of hikers to Peru and hiked the Inca Trail. Great boots that needed no break-in time. I only wish I had ordered a double vamp to slosh through streams and stuff more easily.

rbny

Reaction score
timpoblete;4278197 said:
Via Silver & Gold

25620700.jpg

38e3969d.jpg

45595048.jpg

That's an awesome collection. Could please provide some detailed descriptions of the above?

Thank you.​

kalanigee

Reaction score
Does anyone know if these were in brown or tan veal leather?

Originally Posted by mechanical pencil
Russell Moccasin Cavaliers in french veal.

Russellboots1.jpg

Russellboots2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads