• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boots from the new GAP campaign...

single speed

Reaction score
so in the new GAP campaign for the holidays, Jon Heder is shown jumping in the air. I've been searching the forum, and the internet, but I can't seem to find either a.) those boots, or b.) something very similar.

now while I like the clarks desert boots, I'd prefer a boot with a more lo-profile sole. price is not too much of a determining factor. I would really just like to find a pair for this season. thanks!

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would help if there was a picture.

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Haven't seen it online. Only place I've seen it is in print, Holiday 2008 issue of Details magazine.

Composer_1777

Reaction score
Man i wouldn't risk buying gap. From my experience everything they do is extremely poor in quality.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MisterBlack
Those look exactly like the same Desert Boots that Banana Republic was selling a few months back. Rebranding and trying to clear stock maybe?

No. They look a bit sleeker like the other poster said. Also, the other boots (black ones) i believe are a pierre hardy collaboration. Perhaps these are as well? I'm not sure though.

remn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Composer_1777
Man i wouldn't risk buying gap. From my experience everything they do is extremely poor in quality.
Actually, a colleague of mine just told me he was at gap yesterday, and there **** was completely redone. pretty nice cardigans and stuff from moderate-quality materials. definitely a change

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Looks like most of them in the photo are not wearing GAP stock shoes. Also, on the website after the video plays it gives you the option to click and buy the sweater and scarf Heder is wearing but nothing else. His shoes look like lace-ups and in the video the tips of the shoes looked shiny so it's either leather or Chucks in a chocolate color? Someone else can do the research on that, this is as far as I want go with this. I say just buy some brown desert boots and call it a day...

Attachment 15539

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
No. They look a bit sleeker like the other poster said. Also, the other boots (black ones) i believe are a pierre hardy collaboration. Perhaps these are as well? I'm not sure though.

Their merchandise may look good but won't past past the first year. It's strictly casual wear and intended to be worn very infrequently.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I don't know how that relates to what i said considering i said nothing of their quality, nor did i even say they look good. However, i would disagree that casual wear is meant to be worn infrequently. If anything, casual wear is meant to be worn far more frequently than the stuff you are familiar with in the men's clothing forum, where shoe and suit rotations are important. Many casual wear wardrobes are built around a few base pieces that are meant to be worn very often and beat up over time such as jeans, boots, and outerwear/jackets. If i absolutely had to i could probably get away with a solid leather jacket, some white tshirts, a good pair of jeans, and a nice pair of boots.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Gap campaigns used to be so much cooler.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
God I hate argyle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads