Boots for skinny legs/ankles?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by vroomvroom, Jan 13, 2009.

1. vroomvroom

vroomvroom Member

Can anyone recommend some boots for someone with skinny legs/ankles? Looking for style similar to Mark Nason (square toe), but without all the extra bells and whistles that scream "Look at me, I'm an attention wh*re!"

2. unjung

unjung Senior member

Unless you are in an Italo-metal band, I would say those are horrid even without the iron crosses and rhinestones and used condoms glued onto them.

3. JGP.

JGP. Senior member

Please no square toes...

4. Kodiak

Kodiak Senior member

Please no square toes...
    ^^

5. Ispy

Ispy Senior member

I just googled Mark Nason... wow. Don't do it man, step back from the ledge.

6. Listi

Listi Senior member

I hope you're buying your worst enemy who happens to have extremely weak ankles square toed boots to diminish his character.

7. captainmo

captainmo Senior member

8. vroomvroom

vroomvroom Member

LOL at the replies. Let me just state that I'm not looking to buy those exact boots. Just something similar. Another example would be the boots shown in the denim section of nordstrom website. The boots there are taperedand some have a cut toe. Maybe that will give you a better idea?

9. unjung

unjung Senior member

This is a sampling of what I see from Nordstrom: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] All of them are fad-ish, single-outfit boots that will make you look like a very specific type of person (except maybe the KCs on the far left, but they're KC), and additionally, I would be concerned about the quality of most of them. What do you plan to do with these boots? Where will you wear them, and with what, primarily?

10. vroomvroom

vroomvroom Member

That's not exactly what I am looking for. Here are some pictures to give you an idea. I'm interested in the first and third styles the most.

[​IMG]

11. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

This is a sampling of what I see from Nordstrom: [​IMG] All of them are fad-ish, single-outfit boots that will make you look like a very specific type of person (except maybe the KCs on the far left, but they're KC), and additionally, I would be concerned about the quality of most of them. What do you plan to do with these boots? Where will you wear them, and with what, primarily?
    just took a chance on these at 111 bucks. i think they'll work in a couple of ways.

12. Pylon

Pylon Senior member

just took a chance on these at 111 bucks. i think they'll work in a couple of ways.

...especially if they have to institute the draft again.
    [​IMG]

13. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

betting on it with the 111 i saved.

14. vroomvroom

vroomvroom Member

so any ideas who may sell boots like the ones i've posted that would fit someone with skinny legs, and not be too loose around the ankle area?

15. unjung

unjung Senior member

Hope they work out for you... if I wanted something like that, I'd've gone for Doc Martins.

so any ideas who may sell boots like the ones i've posted that would fit someone with skinny legs, and not be too loose around the ankle area?

What's your price point?