• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boots for jeans?

Borky

Reaction score
I want to get a pair of black boots to go with dry jeans. They're Nudie Straight Svens so they're on the slim side, but not too slim. I tried getting some CT Chelsea's but I sent them back when I found out how ****** the leather is. So what should I get to go well with my jeans and not stick out like clown feet (I have fairly big feet already). I've looked at RM Williams online and I like them, but I'd prefer something I can try on/see in the first place. Price should be kept in the $200 +/- $50 range.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Tod's makes some nice brogued boots and they can be found at Saks Off 5th or NMLC on occasion, or on bluefly.

If these or the version in brown went on sale, with a 15% off coupon they'd be in your range, I have them in a distressed brown.

http://www.bluefly.com/pages/product...&Nu=Product+ID

Don't know what country you are in, but have in mind that I had seen in a Bata Shoes (the english company) shop boots that were very close to this. From what I remember they were welted and significantly cheaper. This was in Cyprus but I assume the stock for the season would be identical aropund Europe.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Borky
I've looked at RM Williams online and I like them, but I'd prefer something I can try on/see in the first place. Price should be kept in the $200 +/- $50 range.
not sure what your size is but there are a few sizes still available: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/pro...-Men-and-Women STP has a great return policy. Still debating on whether to keep the ones I got. Oh, and there's a 20% coupon floating around. Do some searches on the SF if you're interested. -Jeff

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
these don't look too bad for $150. The closeups appear the soles are stitched and not glued so that's a good start.

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
I own a pair of Timberland Chelseas and rec those for a pair of minimalist kick around boots for jeans.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of Bruno Maglis at Zappos for $160 last year. Not the greatest leather, but not bad for the price. Lately, I've been considering a pair of Fryes to go with jeans as well. Those might be right for you because they have a stubbier toe, so your feet won't stick out.

Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, are Docs considered a faux-pas nowadays? I realize that the quality took a nosedive after nike bought them, but I've a pair of 1460Zs from before the Nike buyout (made in England) that I absolutely love...

seanchai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fireforgedxtian
Just out of curiousity, are Docs considered a faux-pas nowadays? I realize that the quality took a nosedive after nike bought them, but I've a pair of 1460Zs from before the Nike buyout (made in England) that I absolutely love...

I hope not... I think Docs are one of the coolest things you can do to your feet.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think Docs are always good. It's hard to wear them because they are cut very wide.

smw356

Reaction score
Some frye chelsea boots marked way down I've got a pair of these and the leather is pretty nice supple, soles are welted, and the comfort level way beyond what I expected.

jeansandtshirt

Reaction score

I luckily bought several pairs before they were made in China. They are a staple imho and even though they come in and out of trends, old British made ones will be around for a long time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics