Boots for jeans?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Borky, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Borky

Borky Senior member

I want to get a pair of black boots to go with dry jeans. They're Nudie Straight Svens so they're on the slim side, but not too slim. I tried getting some CT Chelsea's but I sent them back when I found out how shitty the leather is. So what should I get to go well with my jeans and not stick out like clown feet (I have fairly big feet already). I've looked at RM Williams online and I like them, but I'd prefer something I can try on/see in the first place. Price should be kept in the $200 +/- $50 range.

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Tod's makes some nice brogued boots and they can be found at Saks Off 5th or NMLC on occasion, or on bluefly. If these or the version in brown went on sale, with a 15% off coupon they'd be in your range, I have them in a distressed brown. http://www.bluefly.com/pages/product...&Nu=Product+ID

3. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Tod's makes some nice brogued boots and they can be found at Saks Off 5th or NMLC on occasion, or on bluefly.

If these or the version in brown went on sale, with a 15% off coupon they'd be in your range, I have them in a distressed brown.

http://www.bluefly.com/pages/product...&Nu=Product+ID

Don't know what country you are in, but have in mind that I had seen in a Bata Shoes (the english company) shop boots that were very close to this. From what I remember they were welted and significantly cheaper. This was in Cyprus but I assume the stock for the season would be identical aropund Europe.

4. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

I've looked at RM Williams online and I like them, but I'd prefer something I can try on/see in the first place. Price should be kept in the $200 +/- $50 range.
    not sure what your size is but there are a few sizes still available: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/pro...-Men-and-Women STP has a great return policy. Still debating on whether to keep the ones I got. Oh, and there's a 20% coupon floating around. Do some searches on the SF if you're interested. -Jeff

5. Borky

Borky Senior member

No other boot suggestions?

6. parachutes

parachutes Senior member

7. DNW

DNW Senior member

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

these don't look too bad for $150. The closeups appear the soles are stitched and not glued so that's a good start.

9. Rome

Rome Mr. Chocolates Godiva

I own a pair of Timberland Chelseas and rec those for a pair of minimalist kick around boots for jeans.

10. DGP

DGP Senior member

I got a pair of Bruno Maglis at Zappos for $160 last year. Not the greatest leather, but not bad for the price. Lately, I've been considering a pair of Fryes to go with jeans as well. Those might be right for you because they have a stubbier toe, so your feet won't stick out.

11. fireforgedxtian

fireforgedxtian Member

Just out of curiousity, are Docs considered a faux-pas nowadays? I realize that the quality took a nosedive after nike bought them, but I've a pair of 1460Zs from before the Nike buyout (made in England) that I absolutely love...

12. seanchai

seanchai Senior member

Just out of curiousity, are Docs considered a faux-pas nowadays? I realize that the quality took a nosedive after nike bought them, but I've a pair of 1460Zs from before the Nike buyout (made in England) that I absolutely love...

I hope not... I think Docs are one of the coolest things you can do to your feet.

13. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

I think Docs are always good. It's hard to wear them because they are cut very wide.

14. smw356

smw356 Senior member

Some frye chelsea boots marked way down I've got a pair of these and the leather is pretty nice supple, soles are welted, and the comfort level way beyond what I expected.

15. jeansandtshirt

jeansandtshirt Senior member

I luckily bought several pairs before they were made in China. They are a staple imho and even though they come in and out of trends, old British made ones will be around for a long time.