• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Boots for jeans?

Borky

Reaction score
I want to get a pair of black boots to go with dry jeans. They're Nudie Straight Svens so they're on the slim side, but not too slim. I tried getting some CT Chelsea's but I sent them back when I found out how shitty the leather is. So what should I get to go well with my jeans and not stick out like clown feet (I have fairly big feet already). I've looked at RM Williams online and I like them, but I'd prefer something I can try on/see in the first place. Price should be kept in the $200 +/- $50 range.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Tod's makes some nice brogued boots and they can be found at Saks Off 5th or NMLC on occasion, or on bluefly.

If these or the version in brown went on sale, with a 15% off coupon they'd be in your range, I have them in a distressed brown.

http://www.bluefly.com/pages/product...&Nu=Product+ID

Don't know what country you are in, but have in mind that I had seen in a Bata Shoes (the english company) shop boots that were very close to this. From what I remember they were welted and significantly cheaper. This was in Cyprus but I assume the stock for the season would be identical aropund Europe.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Borky
I've looked at RM Williams online and I like them, but I'd prefer something I can try on/see in the first place. Price should be kept in the $200 +/- $50 range.
not sure what your size is but there are a few sizes still available: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/pro...-Men-and-Women STP has a great return policy. Still debating on whether to keep the ones I got. Oh, and there's a 20% coupon floating around. Do some searches on the SF if you're interested. -Jeff

DNW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
these don't look too bad for $150. The closeups appear the soles are stitched and not glued so that's a good start.

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
I own a pair of Timberland Chelseas and rec those for a pair of minimalist kick around boots for jeans.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of Bruno Maglis at Zappos for $160 last year. Not the greatest leather, but not bad for the price. Lately, I've been considering a pair of Fryes to go with jeans as well. Those might be right for you because they have a stubbier toe, so your feet won't stick out.

Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, are Docs considered a faux-pas nowadays? I realize that the quality took a nosedive after nike bought them, but I've a pair of 1460Zs from before the Nike buyout (made in England) that I absolutely love...

seanchai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fireforgedxtian
Just out of curiousity, are Docs considered a faux-pas nowadays? I realize that the quality took a nosedive after nike bought them, but I've a pair of 1460Zs from before the Nike buyout (made in England) that I absolutely love...

I hope not... I think Docs are one of the coolest things you can do to your feet.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think Docs are always good. It's hard to wear them because they are cut very wide.

smw356

Reaction score
Some frye chelsea boots marked way down I've got a pair of these and the leather is pretty nice supple, soles are welted, and the comfort level way beyond what I expected.

jeansandtshirt

Reaction score

I luckily bought several pairs before they were made in China. They are a staple imho and even though they come in and out of trends, old British made ones will be around for a long time.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40