• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leather laces would look good, but not dramatically different from what you have. I think I'd like the look of flat waxed laces, personally.

Waxed flat or some of the Guarded Goods waxed round would look good on them.

So it may be harder to see from my photo, but the laces currently in the boots are gold taslan, which I don't care for. Other than Guarded Goods, any suggestions on where to get good leather or waxed laces? I need them at about 32 inches.

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So it may be harder to see from my photo, but the laces currently in the boots are gold taslan, which I don't care for. Other than Guarded Goods, any suggestions on where to get good leather or waxed laces? I need them at about 32 inches.
There are always Allen Edmonds laces

misiuacademy

Reaction score
Carlos Santos 8866 in Coimbra.

552E959A-256A-44D0-9E3A-2994C773413E.jpeg

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Grant Stone cognac shell cap toes. One time run a year or two ago. One of my favorite boots.

Interesting. I knew they looked like GS but I thought their first shell boot were the one's (coincidentally enough) posted a couple posts prior to yours by @audog. They really are pretty cool. Congrats.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interesting. I knew they looked like GS but I thought their first shell boot were the one's (coincidentally enough) posted a couple posts prior to yours by @audog. They really are pretty cool. Congrats.
GS did 2 shell boots, Cognac cap toes (Comipel shell) about a year or so ago, and the Horween NST's this past summer.

misiuacademy

Reaction score
They do make exceedingly good looking boots.
I agree! They do superb field boots too. We are trying to pull this GMTO as a handgrade model too. We need just 3 more people. Seriously good Galway alternatives. I am surprised by the value.
82394668-E197-49A9-9538-FBEFC84D3B8D.jpeg

The patina on these has held up very nicely too. I love the fact that it has a storm welt, it helps in Sweden. Yet still looks very dressy.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I agree! They do superb field boots too. We are trying to pull this GMTO as a handgrade model too. We need just 3 more people. Seriously good Galway alternatives. I am surprised by the value.
View attachment 1255886

The patina on these has held up very nicely too. I love the fact that it has a storm welt, it helps in Sweden. Yet still looks very dressy.
I had a pair from Herring Shoes a couple of years ago and they were the nicest looking boots I’ve seen but I can’t get away with the fit for some reason. I gave to my brother, I have some Norwegian welted boots which I kept but have heel tabs and occasionally sole lifts in..Churchstow? Good luck with the MTO. Have you tried Red£/t?

misiuacademy

Reaction score
I had a pair from Herring Shoes a couple of years ago and they were the nicest looking boots I’ve seen but I can’t get away with the fit for some reason. I gave to my brother, I have some Norwegian welted boots which I kept but have heel tabs and occasionally sole lifts in..Churchstow? Good luck with the MTO. Have you tried Red£/t?
Yea I posted there but they are also very strict and I don’t expect much.

Not sure how it works with herring and what last those were on. I enjoy the 234 and 387 lasts very much, and the 316 for the boots. The only Norwegian Boots I have are from dinkelacker and they are super comfortable.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Yea I posted there but they are also very strict and I don’t expect much.

Not sure how it works with herring and what last those were on. I enjoy the 234 and 387 lasts very much, and the 316 for the boots. The only Norwegian Boots I have are from dinkelacker and they are super comfortable.
That’s the Churchstow. Has a commando type sole, but lighter weight. An attractive boot, ideal for
Winter!

Attachments

• ECE51637-C940-496A-AD01-1DD3EDD9D842.jpeg
    ECE51637-C940-496A-AD01-1DD3EDD9D842.jpeg
    232.1 KB · Views: 60

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads