• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bjhofkin

Reaction score
It's not just reminiscent of the leather on the Radnor – it is the leather on the Radnor. I should've mentioned that!

Wow that is beautiful leather, very, very reminiscent of the leather on my pair of C&J Radnor’s. I agree, this leather would make an awesome veldt makeup.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not just reminiscent of the leather on the Radnor – it is the leather on the Radnor. I should've mentioned that!

Aha, I thought so, but didn’t want to presume.

This leather is something special, the smell is just fantastic! I know, I’m a little touched, but I’ve been known to open the box just to smell them.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nothing fancy or exotic, just Alden Indy Boots for an evening out.
IMG_8386.jpeg

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So i finally got my Sagara boots last week. To recap, i went for the following configuration

Style: Regent
Toe Cap: Split Toe
Size: 45D
Upper: Vegetable Tanned - Oxblood
Lining: Full Lining - Tan
Hardware: Brass 5 eyelets + 3 speedhooks
Toe Box: Structured
Shoelast: Mark
Construction: 360 degree Handwelted - 270 degree Norwegian Welt
Sole: Single midsole + Sagara rubber sole
Heel: Sagara rubber heel
Edge Trim: Antique Wine

Final cost of the Boots (including local shipping) was 228 USD. They had initially quoted a price of 275 USD, this was including international shipping (free international shipping). But i told them that i am coming to Indonesia in September, so after a few emails they decided to give me a discount and charged 228 USD since they would save the cost of international shipping.

I ordered this in the first week of June. They dispatched these boots on the 13th of September to my hotel in Indonesia.

First Impression: I really liked these boots. Leather quality seems to be good. The construction quality is very good. there is good finishing on the boot as well. Stitching seems to be very neat and of high density. I think they are Incredible quality for the price i paid considering they are totally custom made and hand welted.

IMG_1061.JPG
IMG_1063.JPG
IMG_1064.JPG
IMG_1065.JPG
IMG_1066.JPG
IMG_1067.JPG
IMG_1068.JPG
IMG_1069.JPG
IMG_1070.JPG
IMG_1071.JPG
IMG_1072.JPG
IMG_1073.JPG
IMG_1074.JPG
IMG_1076.JPG
IMG_1077.JPG
IMG_1078.JPG

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
With such great showing, I hate that I am not wearing boots today.. haha. Wait till the evening lol...

A couple pictures to warm the heart ... I took them this am. These finally got the toe tips after 18 months of closet time and are ready for prime time.

View attachment 1243236 View attachment 1243237 View attachment 1243238
You are not saying that you had those Harlechs for 18 months and did not wear them even once? Unless you own about 550 pairs of shoes/boots, this would be heresy!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So i finally got my Sagara boots last week. To recap, i went for the following configuration

Style: Regent
Toe Cap: Split Toe
Size: 45D
Upper: Vegetable Tanned - Oxblood
Lining: Full Lining - Tan
Hardware: Brass 5 eyelets + 3 speedhooks
Toe Box: Structured
Shoelast: Mark
Construction: 360 degree Handwelted - 270 degree Norwegian Welt
Sole: Single midsole + Sagara rubber sole
Heel: Sagara rubber heel
Edge Trim: Antique Wine

Final cost of the Boots (including local shipping) was 228 USD. They had initially quoted a price of 275 USD, this was including international shipping (free international shipping). But i told them that i am coming to Indonesia in September, so after a few emails they decided to give me a discount and charged 228 USD since they would save the cost of international shipping.

I ordered this in the first week of June. They dispatched these boots on the 13th of September to my hotel in Indonesia.

First Impression: I really liked these boots. Leather quality seems to be good. The construction quality is very good. there is good finishing on the boot as well. Stitching seems to be very neat and of high density. I think they are Incredible quality for the price i paid considering they are totally custom made and hand welted.

View attachment 1243551 View attachment 1243554 View attachment 1243555 View attachment 1243556 View attachment 1243558 View attachment 1243559 View attachment 1243560 View attachment 1243561 View attachment 1243562 View attachment 1243563 View attachment 1243565 View attachment 1243566 View attachment 1243567 View attachment 1243568 View attachment 1243569 View attachment 1243570
Nice!

What’s your impression on the material quality? I’ve always been impressed with their construction and finishing but am on the fence as the quality of things like - footbed, midsole, outsole, corkbed, upper liner, etc - are unknown.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads