• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jupiter_rain

Reaction score
Yes, not sure of your location but SFA is a large sort of luxury retailer here in the States, found in large cities

Thanks for ellaborating. I live in Europe (EU) and would love to find similar herringbone tweed trousers for winter.

cr2596

Reaction score
Picked up these Redwing steel toe boots on eBay about 10 years ago, NOS, they seem to date back to the early '90s. They came in their original box with some pretty cool tags and brochures included in the box about the type of leather, the strength of the steel toe, etc. They were made with what they called "Grizzly", an oiled leather that has a lot of the same characteristics as CXL. I wore them for work for 5 years or so but they've been retired for the past 5 years. Pulled them out and brushed them with a stiff horsehair brush and they came back to life. Ordered some official Redwing boot oil to give them some love. They will be back in my boot rotation this fall/winter, enjoy:
These are awesome, got me wanting to scour eBay.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cobbler Union chukka in 312 last in tobacco suede.

IMG_5894.jpg
IMG_5896.jpg
IMG_5897.jpg
IMG_5895.jpg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for ellaborating. I live in Europe (EU) and would love to find similar herringbone tweed trousers for winter.
You’ve likely worked this out, but they do have an on line presence.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rancourt & Co Harrison Redux Boots in Horween Natural CXL. Very different from what we are used to seeing here on these pages.
20221003_181017.jpg
20221003_181045.jpg

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow these seem awesome, are they comfortable? I bought some Red Wings and they were like bear traps on my feet so would be interested to swap them for these.
They are super comfortable. They have a glove like feeling, are fully lined inside and the soles are the Lactae Havea Rally soles which are something else entirely in comfort. Have never worn a Red Wing and having heard the stories I don't think I ever will. Got them for USD 215 in their Holiday Pre-order which I think is an excellent value.

Moostyle

Reaction score
They are super comfortable. They have a glove like feeling, are fully lined inside and the soles are the Lactae Havea Rally soles which are something else entirely in comfort. Have never worn a Red Wing and having heard the stories I don't think I ever will. Got them for USD 215 in their Holiday Pre-order which I think is an excellent value.

Thanks man I will check them out! :)

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks man I will check them out! :)
Just to note, these are my first wear and first experience with Rancourt as well as the soles so cannot speak of their longevity. Maybe we will both find out in due course :)
Cheers,
Tirthak

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m looking for Red Wing experience

I normally wear boots in size range of 13B to 14AA. I got these Red Wing 10877s in a 14B, expecting to use an insole and wear slightly thicker socks.

Will these break in faster if I wear them without an insole for a while?

B37228AA-28A8-4030-9130-EA3B71D86C05.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads