• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Herrings Cirencester x Barker

IMG_3346.jpg
IMG_3347.jpg
IMG_3348.jpg
IMG_3349.jpg

hysteria

Reaction score
Looking for some suggestions for black chelsea boots. Not looking to spend too much beyond the Carmina/TLB price category.

Considering Carmina Simpson, but from what I can tell, it may be too narrow for me. Love the way it looks though.
I don't have much experience with Carmina lasts, but open to trying something that has an average instep and width. Not a fan of the way CJ chelsea's look.

Here are a few other makers I've tried for dress shoes so you can gauge fit.

TLB - Picasso is just a tad narrow and offers some pressure around pinky. Instep is ok - not perfect, but not too high. A little lower would've been even nicer.
AM - Chisel 4 works extremely well in RTW UK 7.

Any suggestions?

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden 401 Indy today
20220817_174537.jpg

Alden 'The Vintage Indy' yesterday, smooth Tobacco Chamois.
20220816_181741.jpg

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ve

Very nice! The Indy is my next boot. From where did you get the second pair?
Thanks!
The second pic is of 'The Vintage Indy' from Leather Soul, Hawaii. The leather is Smooth Tobacco Chamois which was called Oiled Nubuck by Leather Soul & are on commando soles.
Preordered in Aug 2021, delivered in May 2022.
Currently Ealdwine had a similar boot on preorder but the difference is that their version has brass hardware & berry gold moc stitch, whereas mine has matching hardware and white moc toe stitch.
Here with laces changed to Tricker's Ecru from the original brown flat waxed.
20220816_181811.jpg
20220816_083455.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics