• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

svf

Reaction score
These are really beautiful, and they go really well with the pants too! How flexible are they style-wise? Dress up with a semi-formal suit or down with blue denim? It looks like they might hit a nice sweet spot. I could also see them with a soft square toe and maybe slightly thinner sole to edge up the dressy scale.

I don't find many black scotch grain dress boots, and these are some of the nicest I've seen yet. Thank you for sharing!

Happy Friday gents, Carlos Santos in Black grain.
View attachment 1736847

John_Dunn

Reaction score
Redwing Merchant. The laces they sold these with were awful so I swapped these in.

20220115_134204.jpg

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I am using my Heschung in moro (dark brown) uppers and mocca shaft. They recieved some pampering yesterday's night as a way to convince myself to buy a pair in cognac from Pediwear's Winter Sale.

These where one of my first "bucket list shoes" with Alden Indy (405) and Church's Consul. I read about them in venerable blogs like "A Suitable Wardrobe" or "Ask Andy About Clothes" or "Parisian Gentleman". Mr Hugo Jacomet posted back in 2013: (https://www.parisiangentleman.com/blog/pgs-recommendations-the-2013-shoes-edition)

"But Heschung harbors a true treasure in its midst : the perfect shoe for a weekend outdoors. An emblematic model that every country shoe lover should own one day --- the famous Gingko model, the ultimate « hunting boot » (in this price range).

Available in interesting bi-material combinations, the Gingko is stylish, comfortable, sturdy, and a great choice for any and all nature outings.

Gingko forever."

Some surgical spirit to clean the white thread in the welt, Saphir Creme Universelle to nourish the leather and lots of brushing.

I will report once the cognac Gingko arrive.

IMG_8308.jpg
IMG_8310.jpg
IMG_8312.jpg
IMG_8313.jpg
IMG_8314.jpg

hmlarsson

Reaction score

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ac

Actually being eyeing these for a while. How are they on feet?

They are very very comfortable, maybe a tad roomy on the toebox.

I am 10.5UK in most brands and with these boots (10.5 Odeon last) they feel a little big with (very) thin socks, but I also own shoes in the same last in 10UK and they feel a little snug, maybe I am in between 10 and 10.5UK in these specific last.

I hope this helps

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads