• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
xpost with Carmina thread: Tan musuem MTOs for date night with my wife:
20220114_095404.jpg

20220114_095855.jpg

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Munky, I have been eyeing those boots for a while, I will appreciate your comments (and more pictures if possible).

Have a great weekend.

Regards
Hello Juan, I am extremely pleased with these boots. They are well made and finished. They have a storm welt and the stitching is spot on. The Kudu is very soft and doesn't, immediately, show many of the natural marks that Kudu usually has. I suspect that these will emerge, with wear. The quality of the leather is very high and compares well with my Kudu Tricker Bourton's. I believe it is from the CF Stead range of Kudu hides.

The toe is narrower than any of my other boots and shoes and I really like it. It is a sort of 'soft chisel' but doesn't stand out as 'pointed'. The fit is just right, with no heel slippage or pinching of toes. On this note, Kostas of The Noble Shoe was good at determining the size I should have. He is very, very prompt at answering emails and the service from Stockholm is incredible.

I wore these, today and walked about 2 miles. They were very comfortable. The midsole and Commando sole are very thick, so they will need to soften up, but this is day one. The two sets of speed hooks made it very easy to get the laces tight - I have never had these before. The hooks also made it very easy to get the boots on and off. The laces are pretty thin and there wouldn't be much space to use wider ones. The supplied laces, though, seem very tough.

These are fairly heavy boots and they are casual. I think they go well with jeans.

I imagine that these are part of an MTO collaboration between The Noble Shoe and Carlos Santos. I certainly haven't seen them on the Carlos Santos site.

I am very happy with them. I have had Carlos Santos shoes before and knew that the fit would be good. The boots are the same: a great fit and really good looking - a bit like their owner!

Hope this helps a bit. I can certainly recommend them and would definitely buy them again - at a higher price, if necessary. They really are good value. Beautiful!

Have a great weekend,
Munky

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Juan, I am extremely pleased with these boots. They are well made and finished. They have a storm welt and the stitching is spot on. The Kudu is very soft and doesn't, immediately, show many of the natural marks that Kudu usually has. I suspect that these will emerge, with wear. The quality of the leather is very high and compares well with my Kudu Tricker Bourton's. I believe it is from the CF Stead range of Kudu hides.

The toe is narrower than any of my other boots and shoes and I really like it. It is a sort of 'soft chisel' but doesn't stand out as 'pointed'. The fit is just right, with no heel slippage or pinching of toes. On this note, Kostas of The Noble Shoe was good at determining the size I should have. He is very, very prompt at answering emails and the service from Stockholm is incredible.

I wore these, today and walked about 2 miles. They were very comfortable. The midsole and Commando sole are very thick, so they will need to soften up, but this is day one. The two sets of speed hooks made it very easy to get the laces tight - I have never had these before. The hooks also made it very easy to get the boots on and off. The laces are pretty thin and there wouldn't be much space to use wider ones. The supplied laces, though, seem very tough.

These are fairly heavy boots and they are casual. I think they go well with jeans.

I imagine that these are part of an MTO collaboration between The Noble Shoe and Carlos Santos. I certainly haven't seen them on the Carlos Santos site.

I am very happy with them. I have had Carlos Santos shoes before and knew that the fit would be good. The boots are the same: a great fit and really good looking - a bit like their owner!

Hope this helps a bit. I can certainly recommend them and would definitely buy them again - at a higher price, if necessary. They really are good value. Beautiful!

Have a great weekend,
Munky

Hello Munky for sharing, best regards

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics