• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Straight out of the box. Carlos Santos Dark Brown Kudu, from The Noble Shoe. Shipped from Sweden to Wales in two days. Thanks, Kostas!

1642091929854.png

1642092001404.png

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This Winter's boot lineup: three boots and one very boot-like pair of Oxford wingtips.

aWf2zx.jpg

Last edited:

Blastwice

Reaction score
This is what occurs when shell boots are worn like boots. My goodness my-man, these look incredible.

When I visited Bonafe and showed Lorenzo photos of these boots and told him I played football in them, he was... quite surprised to say the least.

Apart from some light sporting though, these are actually pretty lightly worn, especially in the last two years with COVID, alas.

_cameosis_

Reaction score
I have no evidence to say "sweatshop" and I definitely used the term tounge and cheek in exaggerated fashion
[...]

Cordovan boots for less than $300 should raise some serious warning flags about how they are produced.
nope. cordovan quotes are artificially inflated, € 300 for boots is in fact a lot more realistic than € 1,000. red flags go up when i see companies charging for fluff text that they copy off each other's websites and get away with it.

i worked as head of quality control for a saddler workshop where we produced designer chairs that would sell for € 1,400 to € 4,000, depending on the model and leather. but those are consumer prices, so totally irrelevant.

i went and bought hides at tanneries, doubt that many others here have, and i know the price range:

you can oppose buying products made in china, no problem, whether the line of argument applies or not.

but what's your agenda behind these specific anti-meermin posts? sorry, i just find that weird. if you don't like them, all good, but you keep reiterating unfounded claims or saying something which is untrue. i have a habit of not letting such posts go unchallenged.

Last edited:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know they use cheaper materials and cut corners. But Chippewa fits me best, with zero break in.

Chippewa for LL Bean Katahdin Iron Works. Found these NOS on ebay. One of the last American made pairs.

20220113_153817.jpg
20220113_153821.jpg

_cameosis_

Reaction score
I know they use cheaper materials and cut corners. But Chippewa fits me best, with zero break in.

Chippewa for LL Bean Katahdin Iron Works. Found these NOS on ebay. One of the last American made pairs.

View attachment 1736559 View attachment 1736560
heard good things about chippewa. personally, if a shoe/boot is durable and well constructed, appeals to me and is comfortable as well, it's on my list.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
heard good things about chippewa. personally, if a shoe/boot is durable and well constructed, appeals to me and is comfortable as well, it's on my list.

If you can find an American made pair, jump on them. No break in compared to Red Wing.

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If you can find an American made pair, jump on them. No break in compared to Red Wing.
With the way Red Wing is going these days, I don't think there will be much break in period going forward (synthetic materials being introduced to heritage line).

_cameosis_

Reaction score
i have this odd thing that i collect/purchase certain shoes and boots models/types in two pairs (more on that in future picture posts here).

j. crew had a collab with chippewa and i put them on my wish list back then, when they show up online. then again, i already have a lot of plain-toe boots, so i'll have to decide - battling the hoarder syndrome. ?

they should update their website, the original/heritage line is not accessible, 404.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have this odd thing that i collect/purchase certain shoes and boots models/types in two pairs (more on that in future picture posts here).

j. crew had a collab with chippewa and i put them on my wish list back then, when they show up online. then again, i already have a lot of plain-toe boots, so i'll have to decide - battling the hoarder syndrome. ?

they should update their website, the original/heritage line is not accessible, 404.

I know that Chippewa recently shut down their last US factory. So they only have whatever is left in stock, and whatever shows up on ebay. Otherwise, I believe all future models will be made in Asia.

I saw a pair of Aldo and Chippewa collabs that are NOS. I am baffled by the combination, but what do I know.

I rarely buy any of my clothing at full price. But when I find something I really like, I also buy in multiples.

Would love to see your multiples of boots!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads