• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Higgins Mill plain-toe boots by AE...

20210227_175027.jpg

Brown shell

20210227_173839.jpg

20210227_173449.jpg

Navy shell

20190307_083258.jpg

Bourbon shell

giblets

Reaction score
Popped over to Wollaston in Northamptonshire to NPS and their factory shop, picked up my partner a pair of seconds solovair Gaucho Crazy horse 8 eye derby boots for a bargain £85. Sadly didn’t have huge options in the slight seconds for NPS (a couple of pairs of Gladstone boots which weren’t quite me and my size was only in leather sole), so off to the other side and picked up a pair of Heath Boots with Danite soles. Only 10% off that side, but been looking at boots for a while. I’ve really wide feet and normally end up with a size 9 (ie Loake Chester), but managed these in an 8. They also have these in half sizes. Currently just breaking them in round the house!

Attachments

• FF89011E-908D-42D6-AC9D-44364150244D.jpeg
    FF89011E-908D-42D6-AC9D-44364150244D.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 41

Northants bloke

Reaction score
Popped over to Wollaston in Northamptonshire to NPS and their factory shop, picked up my partner a pair of seconds solovair Gaucho Crazy horse 8 eye derby boots for a bargain £85. Sadly didn’t have huge options in the slight seconds for NPS (a couple of pairs of Gladstone boots which weren’t quite me and my size was only in leather sole), so off to the other side and picked up a pair of Heath Boots with Danite soles. Only 10% off that side, but been looking at boots for a while. I’ve really wide feet and normally end up with a size 9 (ie Loake Chester), but managed these in an 8. They also have these in half sizes. Currently just breaking them in round the house!

Nice and great value. Have you been to any other factory shops?

Northants bloke

Reaction score
Barkers (just up the road). I’m in south Northants so not a million miles away!

Barkers might be worth checking out.

It costs a little more than NPS/Solovair but my firm favourite a little further away is Cheaney in Desborough. You can't access their main collection there but they always have a good selection of seconds, end of line/samples and factory shop exclusives.

I also had some luck at Loakes outlet in Market Harborough a few months ago (including Bedale and Lytham boots). It is variable though so to it pays to gen up on their product ranges a little before you go so you can ask for what you want.

Trickers, Crockett and Church's all have outlets in town.

In Rushden, there are sadly no showrooms but Sanders let me buy direct recently when I asked on the phone. I think Paul Sargent's have said they will sell from their factory too. I don't know whether Grensons would.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads