• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s just it about the Coniston, isn’t it? I started out with Trickers, which I love, but having tried a Coniston it quickly became the pair I reached for the most. Easy to smash around in, and a good choice of you want to dress up a bit as well. Now that I have some nearly post pandemic induced buyer’s remorse I find myself thinking about trimming the shoes and boots cabinet but i’m mostly going to get the dark brown Coniston and keep that for nearly everything.
The Coniston is such a great boot. Personally, the boot has caused me to become enamoured with C&J, I'm most likely going to purchase the Islay....after my recent comment on the C&J thread I realized the Islay is almost the same pattern as the Stow which I have 2 of lmao. Regardless of the aforementioned. Luckily I only have buyer's remorse on 1 pair.....which is an oxford....I'm not sure what I was thinking of when purchasing the oxford during the pandemic :crackup:

You definitely won't regret the dark brown scotch.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Coniston is such a great boot. Personally, the boot has caused me to become enamoured with C&J, I'm most likely going to purchase the Islay....after my recent comment on the C&J thread I realized the Islay is almost the same pattern as the Stow which I have 2 of lmao. Regardless of the aforementioned. Luckily I only have buyer's remorse on 1 pair.....which is an oxford....I'm not sure what I was thinking of when purchasing the oxford during the pandemic :crackup:

You definitely won't regret the dark brown scotch.
HE he we spoke about this early. I don’t think buyer’s remorse is the exact term. I love all the pairs I have, just wondering how much of cumulative wear all of them will eventually get and so a bit of a trim may be in order. ? And having said that, i’m mostly gonna head out and buy some Vibergs or some stuff.

Can someone on here tell me how horse butt ages, please?

ecworks

Reaction score
I’ll try not to make this a travelogue but here I’m breaking in the Indy 405’s hiking along the Thamalkane river which is part of the Okavango delta near Maun, Botswana

Attachments

• IMG_1176.JPG
    IMG_1176.JPG
    383.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1178.JPG
    IMG_1178.JPG
    247.8 KB · Views: 38

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll try not to make this a travelogue but here I’m breaking in the Indy 405’s hiking along the Thamalkane river which is part of the Okavango delta near Maun, Botswana
This is actually genuinely fascinating. Most of the rest of us moonlight out here as posers. ;-) Please keep ‘em coming...

ecworks

Reaction score
Ok then?

I’ll direct you to the Styleforum Official Alden Indy Boot Appreciation forum for updates on my Botswana Indy boot adventure

This pair were new fresh out of the (Shoe Mart) box less than 2 weeks ago. In going to see just how much safari they can take and get some authentic patina for good measure!

IMG_0101.JPG

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone on here tell me how horse butt ages, please?
Not sure what you’re looking for in terms of your question, but here are my two favorites in horse butt from Rider boots. The oxblood pair is 2 years old, the natural is 1 1/2 years old. I liked the oxblood pair so much, I got a pair in natural.
8D3CA025-71A2-4F37-8F53-120E57DC1E06.jpeg

86E5F6CF-C771-468A-AEBB-CEB9C1312192.jpeg

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you’re looking for in terms of your question, but here are my two favorites in horse butt from Rider boots. The oxblood pair is 2 years old, the natural is 1 1/2 years old. I liked the oxblood pair so much, I got a pair in natural.
View attachment 1646482
View attachment 1646483
Well I was curious to know if it is a leather that burnishes like Kudu or
View attachment 1646482
View attachment 1646483
beautiful, they see a lot of use? I was mostly curious about what the break in is like, and how acute the colour variation is over time compared to say a leather like calf. I like the Trickers that I have but in all honesty the leather isn’t the most dynamic in terms of change over time.

I guess for specificity I am thinking of the Viberg Cuoio horsebutt. Potentially my first Viberg, and horse leather boots so wanted to know what to expect.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are a 9.5UK on the Oscar last
Well I was curious to know if it is a leather that burnishes like Kudu or

beautiful, they see a lot of use? I was mostly curious about what the break in is like, and how acute the colour variation is over time compared to say a leather like calf. I like the Trickers that I have but in all honesty the leather isn’t the most dynamic in terms of change over time.

I guess for specificity I am thinking of the Viberg Cuoio horsebutt. Potentially my first Viberg, and horse leather boots so wanted to know what to expect.
Ah I see; well, unfortunately these don’t get tons of wear. Although I must say I really like them, so they get a bit more wear than is typical for my boot collection. In the time I’ve had them, about 7 wears for the oxblood and perhaps 4 wears for the natural. They are the only HB I own, so I can’t compare them to other versions. The crude texture of the leather in hand, and visually, I quite like. The break in is another characteristic I find appealing, it sort of easily creases and rolls at the same time. If you’re a fan of textured leather, this leather may be something you will like.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah I see; well, unfortunately these don’t get tons of wear. Although I must say I really like them, so they get a bit more wear than is typical for my boot collection. In the time I’ve had them, about 7 wears for the oxblood and perhaps 4 wears for the natural. They are the only HB I own, so I can’t compare them to other versions. The crude texture of the leather in hand, and visually, I quite like. The break in is another characteristic I find appealing, it sort of easily creases and rolls at the same time. If you’re a fan of textured leather, this leather may be something you will like.
This I like the sound of. Seems like me gonna have to explain to the wife why another pair of boots has suddenly shown up at home. Viberg 1035 here I come....

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1646482
View attachment 1646483
The natural horse booty hasn’t darken much? Are they worn sparingly?

edit: nvm. Should’ve read the remaining comments

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads