• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These St. Crispins are probably my favorite of the collection.
20181203_092905.jpg
20191112_113022.jpg

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little maintenance before the boots go for a well deserved summer break. Time for a family portrait!
View attachment 1624000 View attachment 1624001 View attachment 1624002 View attachment 1624003
I’m not sure from where this idea that boots need a “summer break” come from. I live in FL and wear my boots all the time. I understand that if you walk a hundred blocks to go to work in the middle of the summer it’s not ideal, but that’s not everyone case

Betta

Reaction score
I’m not sure from where this idea that boots need a “summer break” come from. I live in FL and wear my boots all the time. I understand that if you walk a hundred blocks to go to work in the middle of the summer it’s not ideal, but that’s not everyone case
+1 but... but mah sweety feet... anything over 80 and my feet turn into a swamp.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is the wrong thread to say this in, but...

<whispers> there are other things you can wear on your feet than boots, some of which might be more suitable for hot weather </whispers>

Now, I think maybe no-one heard me and I might just get out of here alive...

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never thought boots needed a summer break any more than my sandals need a winter break. One just seems to fit my attire better than the other depending on the season.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh no...now my anxiety levels have gone sky high. I bought a very nice pair of boots in the Spring and want to wear them...but it is summer now. I do have lots of shoes that I can wear in the summer but I am eager to get these boots out and about. I have taken some Diazepam and laying in a darkened room for an hour or two. :eek:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never thought boots needed a summer break any more than my sandals need a winter break. One just seems to fit my attire better than the other depending on the season.
8FA210CF-3979-487A-9614-73E99A91AF18.png

MusicMatt97

Reaction score
Cross-post with The Desert Boot and Chukka thread:

Here's the newest baby to the family: Edward Green Cherwell in mink suede!

Front, staircased.jpeg

I bought these pre-owned from Skoaktiebolaget's website (from Patrick Löf's personal collection) without any prior knowledge on how EG's lasts fit me. The price and condition of the shoes were too good to pass on, so I took the gamble (with a bit of help from @jischwar ). And it paid off; they fit incredibly well!

The make up is really nice: thin but sturdy rubber sole; long, sleek yet un-offensive last that feels great on my foot; soft, fine, supple yet substantial suede in a perfect dark brown; glove interior-like lining leather throughout with a thicker, textured leather (kind of like peccary?) at key stress points; and incredibly fine stitching all throughout. I'm extremely happy with them!
Side view.jpg

Back.jpg

Better sole shot.jpg

Could there be a Galway in my future? :smarmy:

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross-post with The Desert Boot and Chukka thread:

Here's the newest baby to the family: Edward Green Cherwell in mink suede!

Front, staircased.jpeg

I bought these pre-owned from Skoaktiebolaget's website (from Patrick Löf's personal collection) without any prior knowledge on how EG's lasts fit me. The price and condition of the shoes were too good to pass on, so I took the gamble (with a bit of help from @jischwar ). And it paid off; they fit incredibly well!

The make up is really nice: thin but sturdy rubber sole; long, sleek yet un-offensive last that feels great on my foot; soft, fine, supple yet substantial suede in a perfect dark brown; glove interior-like lining leather throughout with a thicker, textured leather (kind of like peccary?) at key stress points; and incredibly fine stitching all throughout. I'm extremely happy with them!
Side view.jpg

Back.jpg

Better sole shot.jpg

Could there be a Galway in my future? :smarmy:
Beautiful with minimal wear. Enjoy in good health!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads