• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
I only had a couple of pairs of chukkas until about 5 years ago. I have since acquired about 12 or more pairs of boots including 3 pairs of Galways. In the last 2-3 years I have only bought boots since I am 63 and hope to be retiring in the next 5 years. Hard to justify buying shoes for work.
Boots are a way of life!

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Other than Guarded Goods, is there someone in the States that sells braided boot laces?

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Church’s RYDER

5DCF1747-3D3C-4ABD-B655-4621C6E9AE2D.jpeg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this the Axel's make up? I remember discussing fit/sizing with you a while back. Did you size up on this pair?
Yes, good eye. I did go up half a size, it worked for me on a pair of 888 lasted EG's and it works here as well. Doesn't feel too long and I think the width will loosen up just a touch as I break them in.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, good eye. I did go up half a size, it worked for me on a pair of 888 lasted EG's and it works here as well. Doesn't feel too long and I think the width will loosen up just a touch as I break them in.

Glad you were able to find a pair and the fit works for you. It's a great make-up. The other day I read an article by Simon Crompton where he stated (specifically re. EG) if you go up one size in length but down one fitting in width, the width will remain roughly the same. You’ll just have a longer shoe (fractionally longer really, when you go up 0.5 size)

Now that I've worn my Galways a couple of times, I find the fit works very well for my feet. I have another pair incoming (DOAK Shannon on 82D), and hopefully will achieve similar fit.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad you were able to find a pair and the fit worked for you. It's a great make-up. The other day I read an article by Simon Crompton where he stated (specifically re. EG) if you go up one size in length but down one fitting in width, the width will remain roughly the same. You’ll just have a longer shoe (fractionally longer really, when you go up 0.5 size)

Now that I've worn my Galways a couple of times, I find the fit works very well for my feet. I have another pair incoming (DOAK Shannon on 82D), and hopefully will achieve similar fit.
That's interesting but seems to make sense with my two experiences. Looking forward to seeing your Shannon's in the flesh!

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How deep is this hole? Are you able to see the bottom of it?
God dammit. I went from collecting VANS sneakers and lots of them, to buying a pair of Trickers last November. Upto 3 x Trickers, 2 x C&J, a Cheaney, and a few pairs from smaller makers. 10 pairs in total and I believe it is only March outside....

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
God dammit. I went from collecting VANS sneakers and lots of them, to buying a pair of Trickers last November. Upto 3 x Trickers, 2 x C&J, a Cheaney, and a few pairs from smaller makers. 10 pairs in total and I believe it is only March outside....
Hey, at least you stopped wasting money on Vans, right?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How deep is this hole? Are you able to see the bottom of it?
I’m at the bottom, the question is, can I see the top anymore. The answer is...no :bounce2:
F2FBACA1-6352-4E58-B489-B7E4BFDFF654.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads