• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

marlinspike

Reaction score
Big auld feet!! I’d look at something like a Carmina mto. If you stick to calf/suede etc shouldn’t be far away and they usually do mto weekends in April with no fees for personalisation.
Or call or email stores of brands you like and if they have one (unlikely) surely it’ll be cheap on sale?

Caveat, it has to be a returnable item, since even if I find a 3E it likely still won't fit. Just don't want to shell out for bespoke on boots as I do for shoes, so I'm willing to try.

As far as finding one on sale, the real trick is finding one at all. I know Rancourt does a 2E. I've tried an Alden Trubalance 3E and that didn't get the job done.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Caveat, it has to be a returnable item, since even if I find a 3E it likely still won't fit. Just don't want to shell out for bespoke on boots as I do for shoes, so I'm willing to try.

As far as finding one on sale, the real trick is finding one at all. I know Rancourt does a 2E. I've tried an Alden Trubalance 3E and that didn't get the job done.
Mmm, was place in UK that had loads of that size but closed, it was specifically for big dudes. Good look fella.

Mr Stevens

Reaction score
Got jealous of all my wife's heels.
9E4AC846-55F5-403F-B51B-DC3270410039.jpeg

6D31F5E5-B570-41CB-A0B8-726565F3F0D9.jpeg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not exactly EG laces but almost same braided thick laces used by EG/G&G that I also use on all my boots and they last much longer.
If I may ask, where do you purchase them, and which length do you select?
Thanks

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads