• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chrfi

Reaction score
Very nice boots by Barker

Model: Glencoe
Welt: 360
Last: 29
Sole: Super light weight Vibram

Those are some seriously cool looking boots! I'm missing a hiker from my collection, I once ordered a Danner boots but they did not fit me well. I definitely need to put the Glencoe's on my shortlist.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are some seriously cool looking boots! I'm missing a hiker from my collection, I once ordered a Danner boots but they did not fit me well. I definitely need to put the Glencoe's on my shortlist.

Hello.

Herrings have them on sale. You can get a bargain with a magnific service.

Leocurrently

Reaction score
First wear for these new baddies!

J&M Cormac wingtip zipper-buckle boot!

I really love the patina on them!!
B6567442-EAE9-42BF-B758-1609347132B1.jpeg

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice boots by Barker

Model: Glencoe
Welt: 360
Last: 29
Sole: Super light weight Vibram

This very nice boots bought from Herrings in their winter sale, I have to say what a magnific boot! Is similar to the "hiker inspired" that Justin Fitzpatrick started and Cheaney, Loake and others have followed.

The sole is very very light. This can be a great boot for travelling in style (lightweight, multifunctional, good looking), the lacing sistem is interesting and prevents water getting in the boot.

I will not pamper this boots, so I will pour some Saphir Creme Universelle and let's see how they behave in the wild.

View attachment 1541164
View attachment 1541157 View attachment 1541158 View attachment 1541159
Very nice pair of boots: they look a lot better than the product images on the Herring web page.

As I have never used Barker shoes, I know nothing about their lasts. Can you tell us how they fit compared to other brands, such as Cheaney or Loake?

zargoz

Reaction score
744s! I love these. This photo reminds me I have a pair at the bottom of the closet that's been at least two years without an outing. I need to see if they still fit and get them back in the rotation. The cordo on these is so supple and comfy. I punted my equally awesome 721s on eBay last fall since I could no longer fit into them. They really nailed it on those two models. The more recent 135s were just boring and overpriced by comparison.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice pair of boots: they look a lot better than the product images on the Herring web page.

As I have never used Barker shoes, I know nothing about their lasts. Can you tell us how they fit compared to other brands, such as Cheaney or Loake?

Hello I use:

Loake: Capital, 026 and 024 in 10.5UK
Cheaney: 125, 130 and 172 in 10.5UK

I can tell that the Barker 026 last (Glencoe and Donegal) fit my feet perfectly. As you when we talk about shoe lasts there are several nuances due to every foot caracteristics. I hope this help.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads