• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carson

Reaction score
check out the rake! They have them and ship US (so does Barbanera just costs a bit extra)
Yeah, I thought that was a Barbanera when I saw your photo. I've been eyeing some at the Rake for a while now....very cool boot you have.

Carson

Reaction score
What would be a good alternative for the Crockett and Jones Conistone? I am looking for a pair of boots that can handle the abuse of outdoor usage while being able to be dressed up. I have considered Berwick 1707 grain cap toe, Grant Stone British Tan Calf, Meermin Country calf boots and Carlos Santos Jumper boots. I wouldn't mind something with a heavy-duty commando sole
SO, check out Pediwear, as they are having a sale now. The Edward & James "Cley" is actually made by Joseph Cheaney on the same last as their Tweed C boots. I size down a half from my Alden Barrie size. This boot has a Coniston aesthetic without the price and it's well made. Note: They likely won't have your size in stock but they can bring one in from Cheaney. I know this because I inquired already.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post from the Yeossal thread.
My Patterson boots are ready and on the way now. Can’t wait to receive these soon!!

Upper: Grained Calf
Grained Leather: Tanneries Haas Utah Grain Calf Chestnut.
Suede - Shaft: C.F Stead Janus Reverse Suede Polo Brown.

C96B0637-BEC4-42B0-9ADB-CB61E6B68F6D.jpeg

Carson

Reaction score
Fellow sartorialists, what to make of this? Am I making a big deal out of not much? I just literally received a pair of White's natty CXL boots a moment ago from Division Road and during my unboxing, I faced a pair of boots that looked as if someone had competed in a calf raise competiton before deciding that athletic shoes were better for the job. Now, having bought probably a dozen pairs of CXL boots and shoes over the years and a few pairs of White's, I've never received a new pair of boots with such radical and deep vamp creases. Am I being overly concerned? Or is this kind of lame? Thanks in advance...
IMG_20201230_101828000.jpg

IMG_20201230_101735207.jpg

IMG_20201230_101728495.jpg

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fellow sartorialists, what to make of this? Am I making a big deal out of not much? I just literally received a pair of White's natty CXL boots a moment ago from Division Road and during my unboxing, I faced a pair of boots that looked as if someone had competed in a calf raise competiton before deciding that athletic shoes were better for the job. Now, having bought probably a dozen pairs of CXL boots and shoes over the years and a few pairs of White's, I've never received a new pair of boots with such radical and deep vamp creases. Am I being overly concerned? Or is this kind of lame? Thanks in advance... View attachment 1526349
View attachment 1526351
View attachment 1526352
These look to me like they've been worn (I've never seen unworn shoes/boots with creasing like that); were they returns?

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fellow sartorialists, what to make of this? Am I making a big deal out of not much? I just literally received a pair of White's natty CXL boots a moment ago from Division Road and during my unboxing, I faced a pair of boots that looked as if someone had competed in a calf raise competiton before deciding that athletic shoes were better for the job. Now, having bought probably a dozen pairs of CXL boots and shoes over the years and a few pairs of White's, I've never received a new pair of boots with such radical and deep vamp creases. Am I being overly concerned? Or is this kind of lame? Thanks in advance... View attachment 1526349
View attachment 1526351
View attachment 1526352

They look to have been worn. You can tell by the tongue that they've been laced up before. I would ask for an exchange.

Carson

Reaction score
They look to have been worn. You can tell by the tongue that they've been laced up before. I would ask for an exchange.
Thanks guys, that's what I was thinking but I wanted to run it by a few people. I appreciate the feedback.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
View attachment 1526351
View attachment 1526352
Personally I don’t think they’ve been worn purely as the lace pattern would be visible on the tongue. I’d think it more likely how they’ve been stored/boxed. With trees and wear you’d never see that again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads