• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Afternoon stroll in the woods on Cheaney Pennine II

20201030_171651.jpg

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Took a trip to Walmart and decided to wear these boots again, this time with a pair of Oni which feels like a much better match than the angloitalian denim I had on last time.
Definitely need to get the wife to start taking pictures for me instead as I clearly am not good at it.

IMG_20201029_173124.jpg IMG_20201029_173146.jpg

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rider Boot Co. (by Cortina) - Jackson hobo boot

Been using this as a beater boot and I've been mostly impressed.
The fit was a bit tricky to nail down, so I had to use insoles, but overall the leather has aged nicely, and I like the design (reminds me a bit of AE's Bleecker Street).
Only complaint is the "Sestriere" Italian made rubber outsoles, which seems to have worn off quicker than I had expected.

View attachment 1487236
View attachment 1487238
Thank you for your review: It's good to know what to expect from the Sestriere soles as I have a couple of boots from Rider Boot Co. with the same sole, even though my Chelsea uses a leather heel instead of the rubber one.

The fit issue you mentioned is related to a high instep? I own other Cortina shoes (Romano Martegani) with this problem, that I had to solve with insoles.

WSB17

Reaction score
Thank you for your review: It's good to know what to expect from the Sestriere soles as I have a couple of boots from Rider Boot Co. with the same sole, even though my Chelsea uses a leather heel instead of the rubber one.

The fit issue you mentioned is related to a high instep? I own other Cortina shoes (Romano Martegani) with this problem, that I had to solve with insoles.
My issue with the fit is mainly due to sizing on this last (97), it seems to be roomy in the heel, long and narrow at the toes.
I went with 10 UK (11 US), but should have probably ordered 9.5 UK (10.5 US).

My gold standard for rubber outsoles is Dainite (and Commando outsoles), but the Sestriere are definitely inferior, when put to the test.

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross-post from the vintage thread.

Paid $35 to have new heels put on my early '40s US Army combat boots. Cobbler couldn't get original style heels, unfortunately. Work is so-so; he specializes in modifying shoes for clients with different length legs, so I'm not sure what to expect. They're covered with ground rubber, too, which I haven't brushed off yet.

20201030_155435.jpg

20201030_155358.jpg

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Carmina tarnsjo fur lined derby boots with Momotaro GTB. These started off as tan, over the years I've used quite a bit medium & dark brown along with mahogany and burgundy polish. Starting to see some of the depth that has created.

Neighbour came out when I was taking these and I got self conscious so stopped. Lol IMG_20201031_143010.jpg IMG_20201031_143044_1.jpg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Carmina tarnsjo fur lined derby boots with Momotaro GTB. These started off as tan, over the years I've used quite a bit medium & dark brown along with mahogany and burgundy polish. Starting to see some of the depth that has created.

Neighbour came out when I was taking these and I got self conscious so stopped. Lol View attachment 1487986 View attachment 1487987
Don’t fear the neighbours..
Mine think I’m mad anyway!! ??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads