• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Nasty weather incoming so just polished my bad weather beaters
View attachment 1481652
All 3 are by Cheaney. The right two pairs in zug on a veltschoen construction.

Nice boots......I was looking at the Ribble and Pennine as an alternative to my Tricker's, not too sure I trust the Dainite rivet soles on ice.:eek2:....but for the chelsea went with Cheaney's Barnes III with the Itshide commando style sole and for an upcoming mid November Covid birthday gift to myself just put in an early order for an a pair of their Trafalgar Toe Cap with Vibram "Vi-Lite soles"......should be here by then.
Cheaney Trafalgar..png

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice boots......I was looking at the Ribble and Pennine as an alternative to my Tricker's, not too sure I trust the Dainite rivet soles on ice.:eek2:....but for the chelsea went with Cheaney's Barnes III with the Itshide commando style sole and for an upcoming mid November Covid birthday gift to myself just put in an early order for an a pair of their Trafalgar Toe Cap with Vibram "Vi-Lite soles"......should be here by then.
View attachment 1483077

Ribble and Pennine also have Itshide commando soles by the way. At least, mine do.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Ribble and Pennine also have Itshide commando soles by the way. At least, mine do.
Yes I know and they're even more weather proof...they're still on my bucket list.. ?
Sorry didn't make it clear, I was referring to all my Trickers with Dainite revit soles and I also have a Barker Lambourne, again with the Dainite. : (

Phoenician

Reaction score
View attachment 1483077

nice looking boots, solid choice for winter. I have the Pennine for winter business travel to frozen regions

4DD4F0B4-1102-4ED6-8F84-457638FE2AFF.jpeg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Ugh, I wish mate. Long overdue to see my colleagues and friends there. Warm people, but ****** beer; one out of two ain’t bad! ?
Go to certain parts and you’d be two for two on ******!

we have a brewery making real ales near me if you get this far North. Your nose will bleed but the air is clear!

Phoenician

Reaction score
Go to certain parts and you’d be two for two on ******!

we have a brewery making real ales near me if you get this far North. Your nose will bleed but the air is clear!

real ale is right up my alley! Will make the trip next time I’m there. I’ll be the one driving on the wrong side of the road

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
6EA2EBEA-302F-48EE-BF52-A63B52FAA7EF.jpeg

Right...

Another GMTO...

Album..

I ordered a few pairs several months ago as single made to order boots, the shop I ordered through I get on really well with the owners so if they like the order I said they can order a bulk in! They liked these...a lot!

I don’t work with Shoe Healer and pay for my boots the same as anyone else would. The way the world is now and with business on high streets getting harder and harder I think why not help others if we can?

These boots turned out fantastically. We can order a bulk order at standard UK prices, countries that are exempt from UK duty which is 20 per cent get that discounted on top, £445 (minus vat if appropriate). This includes free delivery and brass toe plates (if required. An option which I’ve negotiated for free) and Trickers branded shoe trees!

Spec..

Caramel Kudu Eaton (minus toe medallion).

4497s Last (standard Trickers boot last).

Brass Eyelets.

Green lining and pull loops.

Dark brown welt with white stitching, antique mid sole (like the pictures). This can be lighter or darker as Shoe Healer are cobblers.

Brown laces.

Light brown binding.

Double leather sole (brass recessed toe plates no cost option)

Will essentially be a carbon copy of the boot pictured here.

Expression of interest to..

[email protected]

We don’t really have a minimum or maximum order and the projected build is March 2021 if not before.

4497s is true to UK sizing, any queries, maybe I can help or email the guys and they’ll sort!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads