• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alden country calf boots
IMG_4206.jpeg

Phoenician

Reaction score
Outstanding boots. Congrats. You use the same UK size as me. Where did you get those? Cheers

Thank you! I had been after these after becoming aware of them earlier this year, but this model has been discontinued for something like 3 years I think, and few retailers have any left. I found these unworn for $150 (which is a total steal for these) from a bloke that got the sizing wrong. I normally wear a UK11/US12 in most boots, and even a UK11.5 in the Alfred Sargent 87 last of the 'Hannover' boot, but these fit well in a 10.5UK due to the wider last. They're not easy to find, but if you can find another 10.5UK out there, I highly recommend them!

Cheers!

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are really handsome! are they on that wider Barrie last?
Barrie's long (hence 0.5 size down sizing) and has decent volume but I don't find it wide actually. I don't like shoes on Barrie, but it's a very nice boot last IMO. Just FYI in case you're considering any Aldens on this last.

Phoenician

Reaction score
Barrie's long (hence 0.5 size down sizing) and has decent volume but I don't find it wide actually. I don't like shoes on Barrie, but it's a very nice boot last IMO. Just FYI in case you're considering any Aldens on this last.

thanks for the advice! I’m not a big fan of Alden‘s shell boots in general, as many of them aren’t as sleek I’m design as I‘d like in shell, but this Alden x J Crew collaboration is really handsome. In fact, I found a gently used pair of this exact boot in Europe this weekend for 250 euros, and figured for that price I’d try them in my normal size and see how it goes.

thanks for the feedback!

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads