• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phoenician

Reaction score
Carmina shell Balmorals in Horween navy for today

20200717_080244~2.jpg
20200717_080258~2.jpg

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Mercurio, are they Church's Ryder?
No, they are Florsheim Imperial chukka boots, made in Italy, that I bought a few years ago. They don't have the Church's Ryder pedigree but as you can see, they are very well finished and share the crepe sole that makes them very comfortable.

The "Maracca" color of my Church's Ryder is somehow lighter and more yellowish.

0b7ea155555869031d71caad2387ecca.jpg

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, they are Florsheim Imperial chukka boots, made in Italy, that I bought a few years ago. They don't have the Church's Ryder pedigree but as you can see, they are very well finished and share the crepe sole that makes them very comfortable.

The "Maracca" color of my Church's Ryder is somehow lighter and more yellowish.

0b7ea155555869031d71caad2387ecca.jpg

Thank you Mercurio, those chukkas look very comfy. My feet are not very wide, but the days that I run more than 10Km I certainly enjoy bulkier lasts.

regards

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you Mercurio, those chukkas look very comfy. My feet are not very wide, but the days that I run more than 10Km I certainly enjoy bulkier lasts.

regards
I also have narrow and low instep feet, this is why I have to downsize very often with "bulkier" lasts such as the Odeon from Heschung or the Capital from Loake, that you own if I remember well.

Saludos.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also have narrow and low instep feet, this is why I have to downsize very often with "bulkier" lasts such as the Odeon from Heschung or the Capital from Loake, that you own if I remember well.

Saludos.

My "reference" last is Loake's Capital. My feet behave strangley with Heschung Odeon, 10.5 UK is a tad big and 10.5UK is a tad snug. In booth cases both very wearable. Today I will use Ginko boots in 10.5UK and check. My next pair from Heschung will be some suede chukkas in Odeon in 10UK, I have the feeling that suede stretches more than calf, but I might be wrong. Saludos

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My "reference" last is Loake's Capital. My feet behave strangley with Heschung Odeon, 10.5 UK is a tad big and 10.5UK is a tad snug. In booth cases both very wearable. Today I will use Ginko boots in 10.5UK and check. My next pair from Heschung will be some suede chukkas in Odeon in 10UK, I have the feeling that suede stretches more than calf, but I might be wrong. Saludos

In my case, Loake's Capital last is not precise with my narrow and low instep feet. I have both 6 and 6.5 UK sizes with my Pimlico chukka boots: the former (calf) was quite snug at the beginning, even though they are OK now, with the later (suede) I have to use a light insole and thicker socks as they are wider and a bit longer than the previous size.

I do prefer Loake’s 026 last (size 6.5 UK), as it’s slimmer, even though most people would use the same size than for the Capital last.

With the Heschung’ Odeon last (Genet, calf chukka boot) I went with 6 UK, that run somehow wide for my feet, but it’s their smallest size, that I use with thicker socks. Next image compares Loake’s 026 last with Heschung’ Odeon last:

Herring Gosforth II (Loake 026 last, size 6.5 UK), Heschung Genet (Odeon last, size 6 UK)

00ca64039b1d6a10981c40c2eb71e834.jpg

53cfb20556c92bf82d7e0ca966ba36bc.jpg

Cordial saludo.

Last edited:

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my case, Loake's Capital last is not precise with my narrow and low instep feet. I have both 6 and 6.5 UK sizes with my Pimlico chukka boots: the former (calf) was quite snug at the beginning, even though they are OK now, with the later (suede) I have to use them with a light insole and thicker socks as they are wider and a bit longer than the previous size.

I do prefer Loake’s 026 last (size 6.5 UK), as it’s slimmer, even though most people would use the same size than for the Capital last.

With the Heschung’ Odeon last (Genet, calf chukka boot) I went with 6 UK, that run somehow wide for my feet, but it’s their smallest size, that I use with thicker socks. Next image compares Loake’s 026 last with Heschung’ Odeon last:

Herring Gosforth II (Loake 026 last, size 6.5 UK), Heschung Genet (Odeon last, size 6 UK)

00ca64039b1d6a10981c40c2eb71e834.jpg

53cfb20556c92bf82d7e0ca966ba36bc.jpg

Cordial saludo.

Thank you very much, that shows the idea that is important to check sizes and last and also explains why I use Odoen last half size smaller.

Saludos

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics