• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EB Saddle Hatch Jumper ..

667A2EA4-24E2-412E-95EA-05EF57DA86E3.jpeg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely curious to hear your thoughts on these. I have been hesitant to try these mid-tier brands like SoH, Lof and Tung and Cavour house brand but some of their offerings have been intriguing (from a materials standpoint) recently
Yes exactly the point that due to the interesting materials/good price I went ahead and tried L&T/SoH.
I have 1 L&T Brown Utah Boot and it’s very nice for the price. I wouldn’t compare it to EG Galway as I love the aesthetics of 82 last but otherwise very nice boot to wear casually and super comfortable for all day wear.
The recent purchases from SoH are Impressive like the loafer last fit me very good and for me better fit than the Carmina Uetam last. The Chukka boot is also very nice in Sienna hatch grain.
I would compare Soh stuff to Carmina/C&J Main line and these are on par with them and excellent value. The Cavour stuff I have no experience and I was intrigued but didn’t get anything as I read on the Cavour thread that the lasts didn’t fit TTS for most people.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes exactly the point that due to the interesting materials/good price I went ahead and tried L&T/SoH.
I have 1 L&T Brown Utah Boot and it’s very nice for the price. I wouldn’t compare it to EG Galway as I love the aesthetics of 82 last but otherwise very nice boot to wear casually and super comfortable for all day wear.
The recent purchases from SoH are Impressive like the loafer last fit me very good and for me better fit than the Carmina Uetam last. The Chukka boot is also very nice in Sienna hatch grain.
I would compare Soh stuff to Carmina/C&J Main line and these are on par with them and excellent value. The Cavour stuff I have no experience and I was intrigued but didn’t get anything as I read on the Cavour thread that the lasts didn’t fit TTS for most people.
Super helpful comparisons, thanks.

Evergreen88

Reaction score

While I love SoH and own a few pairs, I wouldn't put it on par with Crockett and Jones main line. SoH has nice designs with unique material/pattern combinations but CJ's quality of materials, cut and the finesse of the lasts is on another level. Also the overall comfort of the shoes is not comparable in my opinion.

Two great brands with very different offerings and rightfully at different price levels.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I love SoH and own a few pairs, I wouldn't put it on par with Crockett and Jones main line. SoH has nice designs with unique material/pattern combinations but CJ's quality of materials, cut and the finesse of the lasts is on another level. Also the overall comfort of the shoes is not comparable in my opinion.

Two great brands with very different offerings and rightfully at different price levels.
Yes I agree about the aesthetics for C&J that if someone prefers the C&J lasts they do have bigger collection to offer than SoH whereas SoH collection is small and lasts are also very limited. I have more experience with C&J and have almost 8-9 pairs from them mostly handgrade, few shell boots/mainline. I just got two pairs from SoH recently so comfort wise I will know in due time but overall found SoH very impressive as well.

NormanVilalta

Reaction score
This is my go-to pair of boots for when I make my hand made patinas. They are my first Balmoral Boots from 6 years ago.

balmoral_boot_norman_vilalta.jpeg

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is my go-to pair of boots for when I make my hand made patinas. They are my first Balmoral Boots from 6 years ago.

View attachment 1435860

Now THAT'S a pair that tells a story. Love em!!

Had a 50-footer (if it's an inch) leaning for a couple years in the back yard. Isaias finally felled it. Thankfully not on anyone's house this time (had one hit ours a couple years back) but still across a road that I know some older folks live down. Our contractor that handles downed trees caught the CCP virus a while back (he's fine, said it never really got too bad for him which we're all grateful for) but as a result he's backed waaaaaayyyy up so I grabbed the Husky and headed down to resolve it. Don't need the road impassible in case of emergency and such. Truman black burgundy rambler got the nod.

black burgundy tree.jpg

tree.jpg

road.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now THAT'S a pair that tells a story. Love em!!

Had a 50-footer (if it's an inch) leaning for a couple years in the back yard. Isaias finally felled it. Thankfully not on anyone's house this time (had one hit ours a couple years back) but still across a road that I know some older folks live down. Our contractor that handles downed trees caught the CCP virus a while back (he's fine, said it never really got too bad for him which we're all grateful for) but as a result he's backed waaaaaayyyy up so I grabbed the Husky and headed down to resolve it. Don't need the road impassible in case of emergency and such. Truman black burgundy rambler got the nod.

View attachment 1435864

View attachment 1435865

View attachment 1435866

A thumbs up for the boots, but a much larger thumbs up for the service to others - I am sure that it is appreciated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads