• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phoenician

Reaction score
Casa Loma in Toronto.

Wow, it's beautiful! I was just in Toronto for work before the pandemic struck but didn't even know it was there.

I was interested in it, as I'm looking for a castle to live in, but that seems to small for my needs. I'm after something about 300,000 square feet, with a moat and alligators; you know, what everyone wants. :p

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Wow, it's beautiful! I was just in Toronto for work before the pandemic struck but didn't even know it was there.

I was interested in it, as I'm looking for a castle to live in, but that seems to small for my needs. I'm after something about 300,000 square feet, with a moat and alligators; you know, what everyone wants. :p
Plenty in Scotland mate. Laird of the manor...

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Red Wing.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crosspost from the Tricker's thread

Let me introduce the Tricker's Leo African Explorer Shooting boot in Kudu reverse suede in ridge colour.

These boots arrived yesterday and I have to say that I am very very happy. It was an impulssive purchase and had some regrets, but once I saw them all the bad feelings just vanished.

The boots are very comfortable due to the crepe sole, I haven't owned a pair of GYW goots in crepe but they feel great, the suede is thick and gentle. Is impressive how Trickers work flawlessly this thick leathers and welts.

Some advice from fellow members (can I say shoefreaks?), how do I keep the crepe sole clean?

IMG_2641.JPG

IMG_2642.JPG

IMG_2643.JPG

IMG_2644.JPG

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Let me introduce the Tricker's Leo African Explorer Shooting boot in Kudu reverse suede in ridge colour.

These boots arrived yesterday and I have to say that I am very very happy. It was an impulssive purchase and had some regrets, but once I saw them all the bad feelings just vanished.

The boots are very comfortable due to the crepe sole, I haven't owned a pair of GYW goots in crepe but they feel great, the suede is thick and gentle. Is impressive how Trickers work flawlessly this thick leathers and welts.

Some advice from fellow members (can I say shoefreaks?), how do I keep the crepe sole clean?

IMG_2641.JPG

IMG_2642.JPG

IMG_2643.JPG

IMG_2644.JPG
Embrace the dirtiness of the crepe sole! You will be unable to keep it clean unfortunately

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Only prayer...of course what I mean is, no hope of that happening.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As the guys at Church's know, crepe soles are impossible to keep clean, that is why they paint it on the sides as with my Ryder Maracca suede dessert boots. That could be an alternative solution if they get too dirty...

41352294412_4949fe5fb1_b.jpg

40500007535_0aebe79999_b.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads