• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oskrusa

Reaction score
I took the family out of NYC for a two-week stay in the Mohawk valley in upstate NY.
Two weeks have turned in to four, and those four have turned in to eight weeks.

Brought only 2 pairs of boots. Vibergs and Redwings, both have seen a lot of miles in the mountains and valleys of this beautiful state.

My young girls don't want to go back to the city, no wonder:
20200523_172053.jpg

20200522_142304.jpg

These IRs are about 4 years old, they are like a second skin during my hikes:
20200522_162603.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What the thoughts on using boot bags for closet storage? do they serve much of a purpose other than keeping household dust off the boots?
I use boot bags (the ones that come with the boots) for all my footwear, specifically for the purpose you mention (and I like the way it looks with everything in a bag/with trees). Unless one has a very good memory, it can create the problem of "which self did I put the XXX on?"

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out of Propane? Another COVID casualty like toilet paper, I suppose.
More like Saturday of Memorial Day weekend at a small neighborhood ACE, I think; the guy in front of me said they have plenty up at Kroger (but by the time I got out of ACE, there was a thunderstorm over us, so I can't say whether or not he was right at this point...).

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
More like Saturday of Memorial Day weekend at a small neighborhood ACE, I think; the guy in front of me said they have plenty up at Kroger (but by the time I got out of ACE, there was a thunderstorm over us, so I can't say whether or not he was right at this point...).
Didn't think of the Holiday weekend aspect of the shortage of Propane. I keep 3 tanks, so I can rotate if needed (grill a lot), right now I have 1 full, 1 empty and one somewhere in between.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't think of the Holiday weekend aspect of the shortage of Propane. I keep 3 tanks, so I can rotate if needed (grill a lot), right now I have 1 full, 1 empty and one somewhere in between.
That sounds like a good idea; thanks for the tip! (I bought my first gas grill late last season, so this was my first refill.)

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That sounds like a good idea; thanks for the tip! (I bought my first gas grill late last season, so this was my first refill.)
Really only need two, one full as backup, as the gas ALWAYS runs out 1/2 way through a meal...I have 3 as replaced a grill last year and it came with a tank, and I kept the old one(s).

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really only need two, one full as backup, as the gas ALWAYS runs out 1/2 way through a meal...I have 3 as replaced a grill last year and it came with a tank, and I kept the old one(s).
I was thinking the same (about the two, I mean - a lot of the stuff in my cabinets and cupboards is in twos for just that reason; when I open a new one, I buy another to be held in reserve).

bjhofkin

Reaction score
Love that area.

Also thinking about lots of different driving vacations for my wife and girls this summer. Emphasis on DRIVING.

I took the family out of NYC for a two-week stay in the Mohawk valley in upstate NY.
Two weeks have turned in to four, and those four have turned in to eight weeks.

Brought only 2 pairs of boots. Vibergs and Redwings, both have seen a lot of miles in the mountains and valleys of this beautiful state.

My young girls don't want to go back to the city, no wonder:
View attachment 1393986

View attachment 1393987

These IRs are about 4 years old, they are like a second skin during my hikes:
View attachment 1393988

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What the thoughts on using boot bags for closet storage? do they serve much of a purpose other than keeping household dust off the boots?

I keep all my boots in their bags to avoid dust, eventual nicks (when parking another by their side) and for traveling quick packing. And they look nice, but sometimes I have to double or triple check the bags.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After 70 days the quarantine conditions are being soften, tomorrow I will have my first real running day in more than two months, I feel like a child the night before christmas.

Let's keep on with shoe shinning:

Brand: Herrings
Manufacturer: Loake
Model: Hawkshead
Last: 026
Sole: Dainite / 360 welt

Note: Very practical boot in tan grain from Herrings, not available any more. Loake's boots are reliable and can take lots of abuse. I have never cleaned these boots (I found some salt marks here and there) and here they are, happy as new. The trick is always using shoe trees.
IMG_1476.JPG
IMG_1479.JPG
IMG_1480.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads