• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last quarantine week (hopefully), so here we go with the last shoes / boots in stock.

Brand: Trickers
Model: Stow
Supplier: Trickers Outlet
Last: 4497S
Sole: Commando / natural 360 welt

Note: This great boots are made with M/C leather (as Tricker's website says : heavy duty motorcycle type leather, firmer and with a dull finish). I like the natural welt, gives the non formal vibe I was looking for. To condition the leather I used Pedag, is made with lanolin so the leather does not shine too much and avoid the "Darth Vader" look.

IMG_1232.JPG
IMG_1231.JPG
IMG_1233.JPG

Last edited:

burgerkong

Reaction score
My shoe shine entry didn't win, but I'm guessing y'all will appreciate it more anyways. @RogerP concrete step vibes.

Chelseas and shortwings are Yanko, 915 and 960 last respectively (yes, leather quality isn't the greatest, particularly on the chelseas, alas, plus I was testing out lacing on the shortwings). Quarter-brogues are a pair of Forest lasted Carmina jumpers in Vegano Marron, and the last pair is a Galway on the 82 last in doak.

20200508_095911.jpg

20200508_100128.jpg

20200508_185703.jpg

Benjamin Finn

Reaction score
Time for a little TLC and shining before the long wait for fall begins. Mind the picture quality – it’s night time and I rarely have more than a couple boots out. It’s also hard to follow up the amazing shots from @burgerkong

D063BF8D-9C5C-4DCD-8568-3248C5A7B770.jpeg

In order from left to right, front to back:

Malfroid Stelvio
Crockett & Jones Galway 2
Grenson Masterpiece Jumpers
Crockett & Jones Harlech
Amblier Andrew
Allen Edmonds Tate Chelsea
Löf & Tung Kingsley
Crockett & Jones Harlech (again, I like them)
Allen Edmonds Nomad Chelsea
Allen Edmonds Tate Chelsea
Blackstone Shearling Lined Boot

Last edited:

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My shoe shine entry didn't win, but I'm guessing y'all will appreciate it more anyways. @RogerP concrete step vibes.

Chelseas and shortwings are Yanko, 915 and 960 last respectively (yes, leather quality isn't the greatest, particularly on the chelseas, alas, plus I was testing out lacing on the shortwings). Quarter-brogues are a pair of Forest lasted Carmina jumpers in Vegano Marron, and the last pair is a Galway on the 82 last in doak.

View attachment 1391308

View attachment 1391309

View attachment 1391311
Musta had some stiff competition; you could shave in a couple of those...

Phoenician

Reaction score

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A great chelsea boot from the aussie shoemaker

Brand: RM Williams
Model: Stockyard
Supplier: Pediwear
Sole: Rubber / 360 welt

Note: This is a great pair of chelsea boot, not as shapeless as the Blundstone but with a hefty look. I choosed this model due to the 360 welt, eventhough is not a GYW boot I find them wonderful. If I find the Gardener with a 360 welt I will buy them.

IMG_1226 2.jpg
IMG_1227.JPG
IMG_1228.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads