• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blastwice

Reaction score
My latest pair of ZEBs.

London Boot in handpainted du puy calf w/ Horween hatchgrain black shell cordovan shaft
Stelvio last
Vibram Eton Sole
1.jpg
2.jpg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Demar Ayee

Reaction score
This is a thread (you guessed it) all about boots. I'm not like some of those guys who buy only shoes (Shoe Guys). I buy and I like to wear BOOTs (Boot Guy). So if you buy shoes or you only have a Boot or two (Shoe Guy) this thread probably isn't for you. Just go and find another one of those Shoe Guy threads instead.

Let's get this party started.

Saint Crispins PC Boot. It's one of the first real nice boots I wanted real badly.

Edward Green Galway. In my opinion it's a truly Iconic boot. You may not have one, but I can't imagine not at least wanting one or many if your a true Boot Guy.

The EG Galway comes in so many great combos, you just have to get at least one in Calf and Suede.

Once you get beyond just the casual it's still a great boot on the 64 Last. Heather Gorse or Zug just makes it that more weather resistant.

But even in the Country Calf the EG with Shearling is a fabulous winter boot.

Even though they may not be known for their country footwear G&G still makes a fabulous Split Toe Boot with the Thorpe. This picture is from Skoaks website. I hope the good folks at Skoak and @Leaves don't mind. I don't have a picture of my own yet as this particular one is on Pre-Order currently.

Rider Boot Company can certainly not be ignored as they make a number of very nice looking boots. For me I like cordovan and nothing beats a great boot in Walnut Cordovan.

Crockett and Jones certainly makes a good number of great boots. Unfortunately I only have a few, but one of those is the Lindrick in Cordovan for RL and the Crockett and Jones Islay.

Viberg certainly makes a different type of boot, but I couldn't consider any collection complete without at least one pair.

Carmina also does a pretty good job with Cordovan Boots. So a jumper in Cognac Cordovan was exactly what the Dr. ordered.

Alden however is where most of this really started. The J Crew Captoe in #8 is one of first boots I ordered.

The captoe in #8 is a boot that I desire dearly. Too bad it's not easy to find anymore. Very boot. Thanks for sharing.

Blastwice

Reaction score
The captoe in #8 is a boot that I desire dearly. Too bad it's not easy to find anymore. Very boot. Thanks for sharing.

Carmina (or really a lot of makers, but that's the first off the top of my head) can make you an MTO Col8 Captoe right now.

Mr Stevens

Reaction score
Depending on the last and amount of brogueing you prefer, Brogue pretty much always carries a few color 8 Alden captoes.

Demar Ayee

Reaction score
Depending on the last and amount of brogueing you prefer, Brogue pretty much always carries a few color 8 Alden captoes.

This is perfect. Thank you so much. I found what I was looking for.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads