Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dddrees, Jan 20, 2015.

1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Have you ever owned or handled a pair? Plenty of folks with lots of footwear would argue very differently

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  2. chogall

chogall Senior member

Viberg boots is one of the best boots. :devil:

Happy now?

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I asked if you have ever handled or owned them. I never said you had to agree with me. I don't see the harm in asking if your statements are based on first hand experience or not

4. chogall

chogall Senior member

Firsthand experience. Just saving you the trouble of arguing since you tried to debase my opinion and questioned the number of shoes i've owned.

5. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Understood. Asking if you've owned them is somehow offensive. My bad for asking

6. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

@rydenfan You know it's true.... When is the last time you were watching TV and didn't see a Viberg commercial? Or the last time you picked up your favorite Mens magazine and didn't see a Viberg ad staring at you? Or the last time you drove down the highway and didn't see 10 billboards shoving Vibergs in your face?

Why even argue?

7. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Canadians are aggressive marketers. First Bryan Adams, now this.

8. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

9. chogall

chogall Senior member

Maybe I don't own enough footwear to afford expressing my opinion and to be classified into the special group of "Plenty of folks with lots of footwear would argue very differently".

IMO, its post '08 successes especially in Japan and inroad into the fashion world with fashion forward price tags are mostly results of marketing by its affiliates and collabs brands.

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I think you are reading way too far into things. I simply asked if you were going off of your on experience or others. I was genuinely interested in your point of view and why you felt that way. You are the one who chose to get defensive rather than answer a harmless question

11. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

While Vibergs might be "overpriced" (quotes mine) and "marketing", I think it is well accepted that they produce high-quality boots with unique leathers not found with many other work boot type manufacturers. Yes, they have veered toward the fashion end of things and that might account for people willing to pay the premium to own them.

The "marketing" label can be applied to many manufacturers, resulting in a relative premium for their products. It's all about whether people are willing to pay that premium. Nothing wrong with it if you go into it with your eyes open.

12. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

We're just trying to figure out why you think it's just marketing and if you can be more specific with regards to why their boots may not live up to the hype? Just because they had a marketing plan and it was successful that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with their boots or the way they are made.

13. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

My boots for the next few days. I realized too late I needed some sandals for my vacation in just over two weeks so bought these Birks. I have to break them in so they don't kill me when walking on holiday. I forgot how comfortable Birkenstocks can be. I miss my boots already...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

15. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Certainly not a whole lot of substance there, notice how his feet are sticking out. LOL