• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nealjpage

Reaction score
Hey, guys. I hang out over on the vintage shoe forum but I hope that someone here can help. I need to be able to put an age on these Tony Lama boots.

I grabbed them at Goodwill last week, thinking 1) that they were shark and 2) that they would fit. Well, they're not shark; they're elephant. And they don't fit. Plus, once my beautiful wife learned that these were made out of Dumbo's mother, she nearly lost her shit and wants them out of the house. So I'm gonna put 'em on eBay.

Any assistance you could give that will help me sell these would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

ryanluo23

Reaction score
Need advice on Hiker/Safari boot --> Just another reason to buy more shoes

What else should i consider?

1) Barker - Glencoe (Tan Burnished suede) --> not sure how waterproof these are but I love the colour

2) Cheaney - Ingleborough (not really a fan of the colour of the tongue and top --> if only it was match or in similar leather)

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1) Barker - Glencoe (Tan Burnished suede) --> not sure how waterproof these are but I love the colour

View attachment 1320838

2) Cheaney - Ingleborough (not really a fan of the colour of the tongue and top --> if only it was match or in similar leather)
View attachment 1320840
If you're going to be doing any serious hiking in them, the Limmer LightWeight is hard to beat:

http://www.limmerboot.com/ (terrible website; awesome boots)

mak1277

Reaction score
If you're going to be doing any serious hiking in them, the Limmer LightWeight is hard to beat:

http://www.limmerboot.com/ (terrible website; awesome boots)
People still wear boots when they hike? I can't imagine wearing something so heavy unless I was going off trail or hiking in deep snow for multiple days. When backpacking now I wear trail runners exclusively.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1320838

View attachment 1320840
I like both your ideas. What are your requirements? A boot from a walking boot company would probably perform better for hiking depending on how serious the hiking/conditions will be.

Both of those should be sturdy and relatively water resistant I would think.

Cheaney Pennine, Hoggs of Fife Rannoch, Crockett & Jones Snowdon or Ross would potentially fit the bill. All water resistant and tough but no D ring lacing like your suggestions.

For more walking boot style then I’d recommend Meindl, Altberg, Scarpa and Brand Eccosse among others.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is this a one-off? They're stunning.

Who's arm did you twist to get these made up?
They are a one-off. I have been in discussions with Wyatt at GS for over a year since I first proposed this make-up, it didn't look like it would come to fruition, but they did some prototype makeups and this was one, so I finally got them. Took a while, but............

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 16.9%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 147 33.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 132 29.7%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.2%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%