• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These boots need some TLC. Can I bring them to my shine guy or do they need more than that?
View attachment 1315602
Great to see some boots here that have actually been worn as ... boots. :)

You might first consider wiping them down well, then applying a good dose or two of Bick 4. I’m always pleasantly surprised to see how good leather bounces back with some conditioner and brushing.

In other news, Brooks Brothers suede boots. Generally regarded to be by CJ but on their 240 last.

E5C49C16-0AA8-4DBD-B8E9-14962C210C22.jpeg

Last edited:

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You might first consider wiping them down well, then applying a good dose or two of Bick 4. I’m always pleasantly surprised to see how good leather bounces back with some conditioner and brushing.

In other news, Brooks Brothers suede boots. Generally regarded to be by CJ but on their 240 last.

View attachment 1315674
You decided to keep them?

Gus_McCrae

Reaction score

View attachment 1315674
is chamberlains leather milk similar enough to bick 4 to active the same result?

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You decided to keep them?
Yes! Test drove them on carpet at work and decided the fit was more than tolerable and decided to keep them. After three all-day wears “in the wild” I think the footbed is settling in and the fit is even better. So, a definite keeper.

@Gus_McCrae coincidentally I have a new bottle of Chamberlin’s on my desk for a brief case but haven’t used it yet. The word of caution for all conditioners is to make sure it doesn’t darken the leather too much to suit. In my experience Bick 4 doesn’t darken at all. But I hear Chamberlin’s is good stuff. Given yours are on the dark side anyway, I’d say give it a go.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%