• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

flylikeneagle

Reaction score
Yes sir, that’s exactly my point. They’re a touch more expensive (by about $50-100), but these feel a little more refined in finish than the Alden tanker I have. The sleeker last is definitely dressier than the my Barrie tanker. My only problem is I now want more!
+1

Alden got me hooked on shell, and had whiskey/ravello/color 4 etc been readily available via Alden I'm not sure I would've branched out to C&J, Carmina or Bonafe. Glad I did though, and even gladder we have several high quality options.

For future Carmina purchases, it's worth trying out their customization program which allows you to pick your own last, sole, hardware, leather, color, medallion, laces etc.. Carmina runs several SF focused promotional events where they waive the MTO fee. They've also offered rare corovan colors (Amaretto, color 4) in very limited quantities to SF community, and these are available on first come first serve basis. @Carmina 's customer service is fantastic as well, and in my opinion helps set Carmina apart from competitors.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1

Alden got me hooked on shell, and had whiskey/ravello/color 4 etc been readily available via Alden I'm not sure I would've branched out to C&J, Carmina or Bonafe. Glad I did though, and even gladder we have several high quality options.

For future Carmina purchases, it's worth trying out their customization program which allows you to pick your own last, sole, hardware, leather, color, medallion, laces etc.. Carmina runs several SF focused promotional events where they waive the MTO fee. They've also offered rare corovan colors (Amaretto, color 4) in very limited quantities to SF community, and these are available on first come first serve basis. @Carmina 's customer service is fantastic as well, and in my opinion helps set Carmina apart from competitors.
I should get sized next when in nyc

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1

Very well put. They give the people what they want, they give amazing quality at the price point, and they deliver all this without the smug attitude they are doing us a favor.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from Viberg thread

Apologies in advance if this is not the appropriate thread for this question but I'm looking for advice/input on resoleing a pair of viberg boots.

I grabbed the natural/black shell scout boots and while I like the vibram soles, they don't fit my style. But I love the boot and was willing to spend the extra cash to have them resoled. I assumed I would be able to have Viberg do this before shipping the boots. However, Viberg indicates that new boots should not be resoled because it is an intensive process that puts too much stress on the leather if it hasn't been broken in. I'm certainly in no position to dispute that. However, I just saw the same boot in Garnet shell on ebay and it has been modified exactly like I was thinking.........

View attachment 1276597View attachment 1276598
20191109_231048.jpg
20191110_085330.jpg

The bottom shot is my boot as purchased.

My question is whether resoleing new shell is harmful to the boot? I'd rather have them resoled immediately rather than have to wear the boots for a couple of months first.

Any input is appreciated.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.