• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

rckch

Reaction score
honest question, i always see people saying the islay and conistons are good for foul weather. how are they different than any other leather boot? eg. grant stones, vibergs, etc

krspdla

Reaction score
It’s mostly aesthetic. Most Grant Stone and Viberg boots are more casually styled than the Coniston/Islay. The C&J pairs fit better in slightly dressier contexts.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Glad to see the C&J’s being used in foul weather. I have a pair of Derwent in
Wax calf with Ridgeway soles en route. So long as they actually fit I expect to use them for awful weather. Seller says they fit like a D when marked E. We shall see. I’ve suffered about 6 years in a pair that are too tight across my foot, so it will be a welcome reprieve.

Mercurio

Reaction score
Gents,
Anyone used sno seal?

Thoughts.

Thank you,
Yes, Sno Seal saved me a pair of Loake Pimlico chukka boots, as I explained here.

After that experience, I decided to apply Sno Seal to most of my calf boots, as it proved to be a good precaution against rain and puddles. Nevertheless beware, it will darken your shoes...

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.